Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone for some tuna action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up at 4:15 this morning and my first thought was TUNA FISHING! Guess that means I'm ready to head out.

Comment

They do an excellent job at the Dock cleaning our catch. 40 cents per pound and it allows you to pack up year gear, grab a beer and unwind on Terra Firma as they knock that job out. Covered patio with picnic tables, soda\beer and ice there to cover the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        I woke up at 4:15 this morning and my first thought was TUNA FISHING! Guess that means I'm ready to head out.
        Haha! Glad I'm not the only one. Woke up at 1:30. Packing up now.

Comment

Wish I was heading south instead of east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On the highway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys...you're killin me. I am at work(working from home today) Sure is difficult to concentrate on writing code thinking bout this trip.

really looking forward to getting away.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                How are the waves and air temperatures looking?
                Sporty Friday, 6-7ft. Subsiding to 5-6ft on Sat and 4-5ft on Sunday.

Comment

Here's the OFFFSHORE FORECAST in our planned fishing area of the Gulf

TODAY...E winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
                  .TONIGHT...E to SE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Scattered
                  showers and isolated thunderstorms.
                  .FRI...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
                  .FRI NIGHT...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. Scattered
                  showers and isolated thunderstorms.
                  .SAT...SE winds 15 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
                  .SAT NIGHT...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 ft.
                  .SUN...SE to S winds 10 to 15 kt, shifting to SW to W 5 to 10 kt
                  in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
                  .SUN NIGHT...NW to N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
                  .MON...N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
                  .MON NIGHT...N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.

Comment

Geezy is south bound and down, loaded up and truckin.

Comment

Everyone be safe

Comment

Here's the surf zone, Padre Island National Seashore. SE Facing beach front - not a single breaker on the 2nd or 3rd sandbars. Basically - flat for those who follow the surfing scene. Not much energy on the Gulf of Mexico and - this image is staring to the ENE.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          I'll be at the dock around 6 AM. I believe the departure time is 0800? This was the last word from our XO, Kilo99.

Winds will be 10 - 15mph from East early Friday AM

Winds will swing to the SE and stay on that bearing through the entire trip, at the same wind speeds

Current wind conditions are 3 - 5 mph 180 miles out with 5ft seas

Sea conditions for the entire trip 3 - 5 ft

Moon illumination today 0%, tomorrow 1% and Saturday 3%

Drill ship OCEAN BLACKHORNET is in our N Western Gulf zone and my thought is, we will fish the bow thrusters and Gulf current flow off both stern quarters at night. Not sure it's exact position but, it's relatively close to several Floaters for options.

Should be an excellent trip!

"BOS'N SPARKLES" is gonna be missed on this trip. Not sure how we are gonna manage without our main player of the DECK DEPARTMENT?
                          Looks like that rig is just a bit east of Boomvang and Nancen.

Comment

Ill be on the island about 1 . Got to stop by my boat . Wheres erbody stayin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all have fun! And please, don't shiver Randy's timbers.

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
                                Ill be on the island about 1 . Got to stop by my boat . Wheres erbody stayin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                                I'm staying at the Alistir Square Inn.

Comment

Working...
                                X