No announcement yet.

Light or no light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting public land I almost always use a light unless I know where exactly I'm going. Majority of the time it is a red light too. I have had deer within 20 yards with my light on and they don't seem to mind it. I think they would spook more if I didn't have one and I walked up on them. But if I have a clear walking path and I know game aren't going to be on that path, I'd go no light.

Comment

No light unless absolutely too dark to see, which is seldom. Although my eyesight is *****ty now, my night vision is still excellent (as far as seeing where I'm going). Little red light if I have to have one, and it's pretty dim.

Comment

If I hunted on private land where I was reasonably sure no poaching was happening and pretty sure of the other hunters there, it'd be as little lite as possible.

Hunting on Public land, I wear a beacon.

Comment

I use a red light. I have this aversion of rattle bugs and they are moving right now.

Comment

I use a red or green light. Shining down near feet only. Don't use a light if not needed

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              Hunting public land I almost always use a light unless I know where exactly I'm going. Majority of the time it is a red light too. I have had deer within 20 yards with my light on and they don't seem to mind it. I think they would spook more if I didn't have one and I walked up on them. But if I have a clear walking path and I know game aren't going to be on that path, I'd go no light.
              Man, if I ever hunted public land I would definitly have a light on so some jack wagon didnt mistake me for a critter or big foot.

I never use a light at the places I hunt unless it is just so dark I cant see the path or the next cactus.

Comment

I rarely use a light when it's just me but if kids are with me I do because they carry it. I have walked up on a skunk in the dark though so my light is usually in my hand so I can check out the white fluffy flower in front of me.

Comment

Whenever i roll in with the road feeder ringing the dinner bell my deer could care less if we had lights on or Metallica jamming. They are trained!! low fence btw.

Comment

I wear Chippewa snake boots and leave the light in the bag.

Comment

I never carry a light. I also never drive to the stand.

-john

Comment

I went no light this a.m. and dang near stepped on TWO skunks. Not sure how I didn't get sprayed but sure am thankful

Comment

Red light doesn't spook deer. That being said I only use a light if I have to. It's a dark walk for me through some thick stuff and cross a creed with a steep bank.

Comment

No light if I can see, green light if I cant

Comment

If I don't need a light, I don't use it, but I will say the moon has to be right.

Comment

I'm scared of the dark so I use the brightest light I can find while walking to the stand with my pistol locked and loaded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X