Tamales Houston Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonecoastal View Post
    Not sure if Bellville Meat Market would do it...they process deer and they make some **** good pork tamales. Might give em a call (979) 865-5782
    They do make them but they are a little ways from Houston.

Comment

Pete's Fine Meats on Richmond makes good ones also.

Comment

I've used Pete's several times, but it sounds like Granny's is winning the vote so far. Might have to give them a try...

Comment

$20 a dozen?? That is nuts.

That is why we make ours every year.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
            $20 a dozen?? That is nuts.

That is why we make ours every year.
            Yea that's why I ain't had tamales in nearly 3 years. I am not paying that

Comment

Not sure if Bellville Meat Market would do it...they process deer and they make some **** good pork tamales. Might give em a call (979) 865-5782
              They do it and they're good...but it's high$. Friend made some last year with them

Had a local that would do it for me. Would do as much as I wanted if I bought the supplies (she'd give me a list) give her some meat from mine and $50 ....would get a bunch of tamales.

She's not in the best health anymore I'm looking for another like her. Old Mexican lady that made them the right waym. Prob ended up costing me about $1-$2 a dozen plus supplies and donating her some meat. I'd bring her some deer sausage as well. Think she just liked making them as they seemed to make them for the family about once a month.
              She gave me some of hers one day and that's how we got on the subject and she began making them for me with my meat

Comment

anyone mentioned Grannys yet?

actually theres a mother of a guy i work with that he brings hers in once a month...and i can kill a dozen myself...

Comment

Bellville is by far my favorite meat market. They are way too expensive on tamales though.

Comment

Jackson's in Crosby does some good tamales.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                      what are tamales running down there? they want $20/ doz here
                      Holy crap, I need to move out that way and start hustling​ tamales!

Comment

Yea that's why I ain't had tamales in nearly 3 years. I am not paying that

Go somewhere else and get them made. I wouldn't pay $20 a dozen either

Comment

That's what they charge, I don't pay it.

Comment

That's what they charge, I don't pay it.

Who's they?

Comment

The Mexicans that make them, who else would be "they"

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                                Grannies in Humble... make sure you add 40% pork
                                X8

Comment

Working...
                                X