No announcement yet.

Live Aoudad Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the ram. Hope you do get another.

Comment

Well fellas, we hunted our butts off today but were unable to connect with any Rams for dad.

I tell you, my dad is one hell of a man. The day before (when I shot my ram) we had decided that if the shot was further than 300 yards I would take the shot and if it was closer, he would. But when the time came to shoot, he told me to bust him. I'll be forever thankful to my dad for letting me kill this beast of an Aoudad. He could have shot him, but he gave him to me.

Dad and I have a lot of hunting stories together, this one will be one of the greatest.

I'll tell you, we have humped these mountains the last three days and it has been a blast. We have had a great time with Chris and Dave with huntaoudad.com/Badlands Enterprises.

Once again, thanks to my dad for letting me shoot his Aoudad.

Comment

Great ram and that's some fine country

Comment

Good dad right there. Sounds like my pops. Good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thumbs up and a right to your Dad. I bet you all are sore with all that climbing. Hope you all got to go out to town tonight. Safe journey out of there.

Comment

With a metal tape measure, so it's not perfect, he measured 32 1/2 inches in length. I'll SCI "rough" score him when I get home.

Thanks for following along fellas.

Comment

Alright fellas, if you're looking for an awesome no frills, free range Aoudad hunt in the middle of the desert mountains of West Texas, look no further than huntaoudad.com. Chris and Dave were absolutely guys and Chris' knowledge of Aoudad and their habits is awesome. The hunt is challenging but a freaking blast; the sheep I killed is an amazing free range ram. I'm taking him to the taxi tomorrow and gonna have a 1/2 body mount done. To kill the ram I killed in a canned hunt behind a high fence would've cost me 3 times as much as I paid to hunt with these guys.

For the average Joe who might not be able to pay high trophy fees behind a high fence, call Chris up and book a hunt. For the ram hunt fee, you can kill any ram you wish and there are ZERO trophy fees.

Disclaimer: I did not even know Chris when I started this thread and was not asked by anyone to post this. I just believe in giving credit where it is due and these guys delivered a great hunt.

Comment

Awesome hunt man. How much was it if you don’t mind me asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                    Awesome hunt man. How much was it if you don’t mind me asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    It's $3000 dollars if you go 2 to 1, hunters to guide or $3500 for 1 on 1, hunter to guide.

Comment

Congrats on the ram and family time.

Comment

Live Aoudad Hunt

Fellas, after 3 years and about 14 solid days of hunting/glassing, dad was finally able to connect with a good ram. Took a shot at 550 yards up the mountain and wore this good ram out with his dad’s (my paw paw’s) 7mm STW. It was a great hunt and an awesome moment for me and dad.

Guys, go to huntaoudad.com and give Chris Leland a shout, he’ll put you on the sheep.

Last edited by UltraMax; 09-21-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Nice ram! congrats

Comment

Heck yeah man. This was a great ending to an awesome hunt. Tell your dad congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

Just saw this thread and went through it all. Saw the original date and was hoping to see an update with your dad getting one down. Congrats to you & your dad!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X