Target Buck Busted Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Buck Busted Up

I've had a big mature freaky buck on game cam all off season. Since the first time I got a pic of him he's been the buck I wanted to go after this year.

About two weeks ago he busted off a horn on his right side. I was pretty bummed about it.

Sitting in the stand yesterday morning he comes in. I grabbed my bow and put my release on and noticed he knocked off a tine on his left side. After seeing that I hung my bow back up and just enjoyed watching him. He bullied every deer at the feeder and it made sense how he's already busted up.

Now this buck is a shooter in every sense of the word. Even with 12+ inches of tines missing hes still the baddest deer on the place. I know if a neighbor sees him he's a goner but if I shoot this old stud I want his rack complete, not a busted up version of him. Just doesn't seem right. Am I the only one who thinks like this?

need pics, but a good taxi probably can fix those points.

Comment

You may never get the chance at what you're wanting. He's a mean arse bull of the woods and will fight every year of his prime. Good luck though. Busted tines to me is just character. A taxi can fix them if you really want him whole.

Comment

I know Good taxidermists can fix points..... but I’m all about mounting the deer the way you shoot him, broken or not....

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          You may never get the chance at what you're wanting. He's a mean arse bull of the woods and will fight every year of his prime. Good luck though. Busted tines to me is just character. A taxi can fix them if you really want him whole.
          Exactly... Main thing is you outsmarted him no matter what's on his head! Easy fix for a taxi and trail cam pics for proof what he looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
            I know Good taxidermists can fix points..... but I’m all about mounting the deer the way you shoot him, broken or not....
            I agree. Just adds character and shows he was a bully/bad a buck!

Comment

He’s a trophy the way you shoot him, broken off points adds to the character. Can you post these pics? I wanna see this bully you speak of!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I let a monster pass last year for the same reason. He had very little left on his left side.

Comment

This is my thoughts as well.

Comment

Pending on where exactly he broke off I probably would have passed on him too. Hope you are rewarded for your patience sir.

Comment

I'm this way too. I wouldn't want a taxi to add points that he didn't have when I shot him.

The ole bruiser will live to fight another day!

Comment

I understand, if a buck I'm after even busts a brow tine there is a good chance he's getting a pass. Just personal preference.

Comment

The question is how many other bucks will he bust up.....I take out fighters.....however I am MLD, so I have the luxury of being able to do that...I understand that your situation is probably different.

Comment

Hope he doesn't kill any of your other bucks if he's that mean. I'd have shot him (haven't seen the pics so might change) and had him repaired

Comment

Can't believe so many people are saying don't shoot him.

Bullying other deer
                              Still the baddest deer on the place
                              Neighbors gonna kill him
                              Shooter in every sense of the word
                              "Nah pass on him cause the rack isn't perfect"

Wow...

Comment

Working...
                              X