Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GARR View Post
    According to the sheriff, yes he did notify security of the situation, and also prevented a maintenance man from being shot. Sheriff also said that police were not aware of Campos being shot until they met him in the hallway after exiting the elevator on the 32nd floor.

Didn't earlier reports state these events differently, and that Campos being shot was how the police knew to proceed to that particular floor?
    Original version was smoke alarms in the room were set off from insane amount of gunfire. Campos allegedly responded due to smoke alarms, knocked on the door, was hit by a single round out of 200 fired in his direction. But was hailed as a hero because the gunman committed suicide after firing at Campos.

So now it seems there is a time period after Campos was shot, but before police arrived, before or during the shooting an accomplice or two could have escaped.

Comment

so somebody cranks 200 rounds down a hallway in a major LV hotel and there's no 911 call or any response before the main shooting starts ***

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        Absolutely nothing. I made up the stuff about dispatchers, response time, assembling teams, gathering information, etc. Really the police probably had an 8 man team with rifles on scene within seconds and were probably so highly trained that they pretty much didn’t need a plan and should have been able to move in 32 floors up, isolate the suspect, distract him with stun grenades and taken him out with head shots within a couple if minutes of the guard being shot.

Obviously LVMPD bungled that incident from the get go.

You CLEARLY know nothing man; dead give away was your lack of including any sort of "dough nut run" or racially motivated traffic stop into your equation/analysis...

Come on man, what police dramas are you watching?!!!

Yall help a brother out...please post your police dramas so tvc184 can get as well informed & knowledgeable as yall are on police 101!

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
          so somebody cranks 200 rounds down a hallway in a major LV hotel and there's no 911 call or any response before the main shooting starts ***
          It's vegas. No one is in their hotel rooms that time of night.

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
            LOL. Ok. I guess they should hire you to head up the investigations from now on so you can cipher through all the data, thousands of witnesses, cross agency investigations, and give clear "cut and dry" answers in under a week
            Your getting side tracked...
            Why not just simply ask the security guard WHEN DID YOU GET SHOT?? Why would he lie??? Pretty simple actually.. And why report false/inaccurate information?? Which is exactly what happened.. Remember these were "the facts" a day or 2 ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Why not just simply ask the security guard WHEN DID YOU GET SHOT?? Why would he lie???
              His name is Jesus. Jesus Campos.

I dont think he lied.

But that isnt stopping people from blowing up his gofundme

My name is Lilly. I am raising funds to assist Jesus Campos a co-worker, that was injured during the tr… Liliana Rodriguez needs your support for Jesus Campos

Comment

Why not just simply ask the security guard WHEN DID YOU GET SHOT?? Why would he lie??? Pretty simple actually.. And why report false/inaccurate information?? Which is exactly what happened.. Remember these were "the facts" a day or 2 ago.
                I'm not getting sidetracked - I don't know what happened and I don't know why incorrect information was reported - neither of which is proof of anything

Comment

Lombardo said that the revised timeline is based on new information that emerged over the course of the ongoing investigation.
                  "As I have conveyed to you from the very beginning -- and your zest for information and my zest to ensure the public's safety, and the calming of their minds -- is some things are going to change," the sheriff said. "Now, they are minute changes."

Comment

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance represents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true. This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there may have been an insufficient investigation, and therefore there is insufficient information to prove the proposition be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four,
                    1. true
                    2. false
                    3. unknown between true or false
                    4. being unknowable (among the first three).

Comment

How do you know they didn't ask him and knew exactly when he was shot? Just because they know something doesnt mean they are gonna release that information in an ongoing investigation. They are under no obligation to accurately relay any facts of what they know until they want to release that information.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                        How do you know they didn't ask him and knew exactly when he was shot? Just because they know something doesnt mean they are gonna release that information in an ongoing investigation. They are under no obligation to accurately relay any facts of what they know until they want to release that information.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've known from the beginning that they weren't going to "accurately relay" facts.. Some of you guys are the ones that can't seem to wrap your head around that fact.

And yes they do have an "obligation" to the American people to report the truth but hey, that has never mattered before and it wont this time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Original version was smoke alarms in the room were set off from insane amount of gunfire. Campos allegedly responded due to smoke alarms, knocked on the door, was hit by a single round out of 200 fired in his direction. But was hailed as a hero because the gunman committed suicide after firing at Campos.

So now it seems there is a time period after Campos was shot, but before police arrived, before or during the shooting an accomplice or two could have escaped.
                          That's what I remember hearing as well. Which according to the new timeline, doesn't make any sense. But don't forget the original version also had the cops in the stairwell and they semi "rescued" the security guard and he told them where the shooting was coming from

Comment

Lawsuit already filed in Nevada against the mfg's of the bump stocks used in this massacre!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              Absolutely nothing. I made up the stuff about dispatchers, response time, assembling teams, gathering information, etc. Really the police probably had an 8 man team with rifles on scene within seconds and were probably so highly trained that they pretty much didn’t need a plan and should have been able to move in 32 floors up, isolate the suspect, distract him with stun grenades and taken him out with head shots within a couple if minutes of the guard being shot.

Obviously LVMPD bungled that incident from the get go.

In the real scenario there were already police in the hotel due to another event they were covering. It was this group of officers who assembled and responded first according to the sheriff.
                              What has not been clarified is the communication between these officers, the hotel, and the security guard.

I'm in no way faulting the officers I'm just stating what's been reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Lawsuit already filed in Nevada against the mfg's of the bump stocks used in this massacre!
                                I hope they aren't successful.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X