Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GARR View Post
    This just keeps getting more muddled. Sheriff was visibly uncomfortable in his presser yesterday. The timeline they took so long to release, "to ensure it was factual", is now not even close to what they originally stated. Did they not ever ask Campo any of these key questions about his arrival on the 32nd floor?

Honestly, the original timeline never made sense to me to begin with. Short version of why: Per the timeline and their own statements, Campo, an unarmed security guard would have had to have continued to proceed with checking of the door alarm in the same hallway as the idiot in the midst of him laying down full auto fire on the crowd. I don't think so Tim.

Remember what they said, the security guard got his attention and caused him to stop firing on the crowd, and instead, fired 200 rounds into the hallway at Campos, then apparently did himself, game over. So to recap, an unarmed security guard pushed ahead without fear toward the sound of full auto gun fire to merely check a door alarm on the same hall, took one hit out of 200 rounds fired at him, and was so intimidating, the lunatic gunman abandoned his assault and took his own life. This is what they said, but not verbatim of course.

Campos has to be the baddest man to ever exist on planet earth, and should at a minimum, become the new face for Dos Equis!

For the record, I am not implying there are other forces at work here, claiming any massive cover up, wearing reynolds wrap attire, or anything else along those lines. I am simply stating what I have watched and heard through every presser since this happened, and the security guard part of the story never made since to me personally. Turns out that part of the story has now greatly been changed.
    Don't forget when they asked if the security guard had not been there if the shooter would have continued shooting and the answer was NO cause his officers where already in the stairway responding to the gunfire and only 1 minute behind the security guard so if no security guard then the police would have been the ones shot at thru the door. How would they be there responding if the shooting hadn't even started yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
      Don't forget when they asked if the security guard had not been there if the shooter would have continued shooting and the answer was NO cause his officers where already in the stairway responding to the gunfire and only 1 minute behind the security guard so if no security guard then the police would have been the ones shot at thru the door. How would they be there responding if the shooting hadn't even started yet?

What I remember was the security guard being labeled the hero, because his presence got the gunman's attention causing him to stop firing on the crowd, then he proceeded with the part of officers being in the stairwell with the locked door, etc., etc.

My bigger question is given now that they state that Campos was shot 6 minutes before the crowd was fired upon, was no one responding to the fact that someone evidently touched off 200 rounds in a hotel hallway? Theoretically, if response to these 200 rounds fired is swift enough, we may not be discussing near the carnage at the concert venue, if any.

For the record, I am not criticizing law enforcement in Vegas, or anywhere for that matter, in any way, shape, or form, as I am in full support of LEO across America and appreciate the difficult job they perform day in and day out. This is merely thoughts that pop into my noggin.

Comment

So when the security guard was shot before anyone else, and he received a relatively minor wound. Did he not immediately use his radio or cell phone to call the security controll station or law enforcement to report the situation to get law enforcement and ems response?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I'm not guessing which one it is. My only point is certain people here were repeatedly bashed and called names for saying the facts would change or that things were fishy and didn't add up.
          I believe people were told to let them do there investigation and not speculate. I believe the wild arse theories is what caused any "bashing". I also believe that's why people said let the investigation play out for this very type of change.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
            I believe people were told to let them do there investigation and not speculate. I believe the wild arse theories is what caused any "bashing". I also believe that's why people said let the investigation play out for this very type of change.
            yep...agree 100%

Comment

I believe some of ya are ****in nuts.....
              but...still love ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                "Mandalay Bay security guard was shot six minutes before Las Vegas gunman began shooting, police say."

A Mandalay Bay hotel security guard who ran into Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock ahead of the Oct. 1 massacre is being hailed a hero after he took the shooter’s first bullet, potentially saving lives ahead of the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Do these investigators not have access to the time stamped video from the hotel that would clearly show what went on that night? Just adding fuel to the conspiracy fire.. Something fishy is definitely going on here.. Or shotty investigating at best

Comment

If he was shot before, wouldn’t that have erased most of the confusion of where the firing was coming from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's apparent that somebody in law enforcement screwed up, and it cost an awful lot of lives. The murderer should have been too preoccupied fighting cops to rain fire on that crowd.

Comment

Life would be so boring for some of ya'll if every presser (that is mandated by the media...not the LEO's), was prefixed with : "All matters being spoken of right now are subject to change as information from the ON GOING investigation becomes available".

oh wait..its there...but i guess we dont read all the way to the bottom..
                      Paddock's final shots were fired at 10:15 p.m., according to police. Authorities do not yet know what made him stop shooting, Lombardo said. By the time officers entered the room, Paddock was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
                      Lombardo said that the revised timeline is based on new information that emerged over the course of the ongoing investigation.
                      "As I have conveyed to you from the very beginning -- and your zest for information and my zest to ensure the public's safety, and the calming of their minds -- is some things are going to change," the sheriff said. "Now, they are minute changes."
                      Last edited by systemnt; 10-10-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        It's apparent that somebody in law enforcement screwed up, and it cost an awful lot of lives. The murderer should have been too preoccupied fighting cops to rain fire on that crowd.
                        Apparent.... there's a word that probably doesn't belong in that post.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                          Do these investigators not have access to the time stamped video from the hotel that would clearly show what went on that night? Just adding fuel to the conspiracy fire.. Something fishy is definitely going on here.. Or shotty investigating at best
                          They knew 10 minutes after it was over exactly when everything happened. We all know nearly every hallway is being recorded in Vegas. There's no excuse for this type of "correction". And if they were to correct it, it certainly should not be done a week later.

Comment

What? The "details" are changing?? Imagine that..

So the "shooting stopped once the security guard was shot"..

I told you the story would change and change drastically it has.. And we ain't done yet folks..

Some of you guys will never learn..

As for the chief, he is being told exactly what to say and when... He ain't running this, the FEDS are. Make no mistake about it..
                            I would be uncomfortable too if I were him...

Smoke and mirrors boys. Smoke and mirrors..
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 10-10-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              They knew 10 minutes after it was over exactly when everything happened. We all know nearly every hallway is being recorded in Vegas. There's no excuse for this type of "correction". And if they were to correct it, it certainly should not be done a week later.
                              Yea but its just a minor detail.. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                In many of these high-profile incidents, many think inconsistencies in official reporting must mean they are covering up a more complicated plot. Sometimes that is the case, sometimes it's just miscommunication. Other times they are trying to control the narrative to cover up LEO bungling. All that does is raise more questions and foment mistrust.
                                (I still have no idea, no theory on what actually happened)
                                2 of your examples are cover ups that would require conspiracies..
                                HMMMM

Comment

Working...
                                X