Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
    i can't believe some of you can't get your head around the fact that we are under attack by enemies of our way of life over and over and you sit there and believe it's just random nutcases doing it.
    i mean 1 every now and then okay but over and over and over "come on man !!!! "
    cops ambushed, churches shot up , the california shooting, the multiple attacks in europe,,the republican baseball game. the 3guys arrested in new york planning attacks and guess what one of them is from the philippines, huh wow this guys girl friend is from there and gone back with 100 grand. jeez wake the hell up !!!!
    So what are you doing to fix it?

Comment

what kind of stupid question is that?
      exactly what can any of us do.

Comment

I haven't read the entire post here but I am just wondering, why did no one scatter ro take cover immediately? In all the videos, I can hear bullets and ricochets very plainly and people are just hunkering down in an open area, some are standing up looking around, some are chanting "Jason, Jason"?!?!? People, there are bullets flying!!

To me, it's almost like, "I'm here to see a concert, I'm not leaving until someone makes me." That was the sound of real gunfire, solid bursts, to me, people should have been moving to cover.

Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

There is a lot of chatter about this on other shooting forums...most people have no situational awareness of their surroundings or even have a 2nd thought of a preconceived escape plan regardless of what sort of dangerous situation although unlikely, could happen. Note how many people also had no sense of urgency once it was known, as you see many walking to safety not letting go of their beverage. Don't get me wrong, it is easy to play QB from the tv but I always try to be on alert when I'm in certain situations & would hope the fight or flight mode would kick into high gear after the first shots were recognized.

I agree with you, it was quite amazing to see so many being quite indifferent to the actual danger in front of them.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I haven't read the entire post here but I am just wondering, why did no one scatter ro take cover immediately? In all the videos, I can hear bullets and ricochets very plainly and people are just hunkering down in an open area, some are standing up looking around, some are chanting "Jason, Jason"?!?!? People, there are bullets flying!!

To me, it's almost like, "I'm here to see a concert, I'm not leaving until someone makes me." That was the sound of real gunfire, solid bursts, to me, people should have been moving to cover.

Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong?
            Most folks 35 years and younger can't even tell you what part of a rifle cartridge comes out of the barrel much less what rapid gun fire sounds like.. It's so unfortunate..

Meanwhile, in other countries, some are our enemies, kids are being taught how to dismantle and rebuild automatic weapons in schools.
            Last edited by PondPopper; 10-07-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Which way do you run when you don't know what's happening, don't know where the shots are coming from, and there's 20k others doing the same as you...

Comment

[QUOTE=mudkat;12798273]what kind of stupid question is that?
                exactly what can any of us do.[/QUOTE
                B**ch about it and make wild arse theories on the internet I guess. That was kind of my "stupid" point.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Which way do you run when you don't know what's happening, don't know where the shots are coming from, and there's 20k others doing the same as you...
                  Not sure but you don't just stand there... In one of the videos I watched I guy that was standing around observing after most of the crowd was gone.. The shooting started again and he dropped limp as a wet rag like he took a head shot.. Anyone else see that?? He was in the background, standing at the bottom of some bleachers, on the upper right hand side of the video.. Horrible..

Comment

I love me some black rifles, modern sporting rifles, whatever you wanna call em, i just really can't stomach what these few oxygen thieves have done an probably will do with em. Its really sickening. Prayers up for all involved.

Comment

[quote=myway;12798581]
                      Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                      what kind of stupid question is that?
                      exactly what can any of us do.[/QUOTE
                      B**ch about it and make wild arse theories on the internet I guess. That was kind of my "stupid" point.

He nailed it then.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong?
                        Hindsight is 20/20 and easy plan your getaway once knowing many of the facts days afterwards.

First of all, I'm pretty sure a majority of the crowd was under the influence, some buzzed, some big time F'd up. Loud music, outdoor concert with possible fireworks. During the first minute they had ZERO clue they were being shot at. Some people immediately realized it was gunfire when the person standing next to them was hit in the head and collapsed.

Secondly, many of us are outdoorsman, hunt, fish, and have shot rifles. We know exactly what they sound like. Good chance many of the concert-goers, especially the women were like "What was that sound ??? " IIRC, there were only a few entrances and exits. When people finally started running, many were trampled amidst the chaos. Dead bodies were on the ground causing more problems for those trying to escape.

When finally realizing they were being shot at, the crowd had no clue where the gunshots were coming from. Was it 1 shooter or 2 , was he on the roof tops or on the ground, was he waiting to ambush crowds with gunfire as they left the exits ?? More importantly, where and what area was considered safe ? Most huddled behind cars, buildings, other people, bleachers, or whatever they deemed safe. For the fans that were still on the concert grounds, they were tending to loved ones who were shot in the head and breathing their last breath. Quite a few were laying on top of their SO, GF, son, daughter, date, etc... protecting them from the incoming bullets.

Until you're in this type of situation and rehearsed it many times, no one knows how they would act or react when bullets start flying and your adrenalin is pumping 100 mph. Compound this decision with drinking lots of cold ones all day, you have no weapon to protect yourself with, and possibly having to deal with a drunk wife or SO who is hysterical

Here's a scenario to ponder and answer what would you do .... let's say you are at the deer lease and in a ground blind bow hunting with your son/daughter. Your vehicle is parked 500 yds away and it's the last 30 minutes of daylight. All of a sudden you hear multiple shots being fired from an AR or high powered rifle. Bullets are hitting the dirt and trees right by you. Do you get out of the blind and run to the truck ? Do you exit the blind and hide behind rocks, trees, or bushes ? Do you find some cover 30 yds away and hold your kid tightly, saying prayers, and trying to calm them down ?
                        Last edited by Cajun Blake; 10-07-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong?
                          Many, if not most were a little tippsie. Saw a short bit of footage with one dude "running" for cover and trying very hard to not spill his $12 beer

Comment

[quote=Kevin;12798619]
                            Originally posted by myway View Post

He nailed it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              Here's a scenario to ponder and answer what would you do .... let's say you are at the deer lease and in a ground blind bow hunting with your son/daughter. Your vehicle is parked 500 yds away and it's the last 30 minutes of daylight. All of a sudden you hear multiple shots being fired from an AR or high powered rifle. Bullets are hitting the dirt and trees right by you. Do you get out of the blind and run to the truck ? Do you exit the blind and hide behind rocks, trees, or bushes ? Do you find some cover 30 yds away and hold your kid tightly, saying prayers, and trying to calm them down ?
                              Movement is a chance for life & the quicker you can get to whichever safe zone one chooses, the better...you certainly don't stay put or move without haste to said cover knowing shots are fired in your direction??

Some of the behavior in the videos are mind boggling to me.

Comment

I think some people just don't fathom that this kind of attack is possible. They live in there own little world and are reliant on someone, anyone to keep them safe. I'm sure they were thinking initially it was part of the show, or some sort of fireworks.

Comment

Working...
                                X