Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
    I dont get how he was able to kill over 50 people from 400 yards away, did they just not flee? I also wonder how many were a result of stampeding crowd.

There were 20,000 people there. He killed 60 out of 20,000.

Likely many of the injuries reported are stampede injuries.

Comment

I dont get how he was able to kill over 50 people from 400 yards away, did they just not flee? I also wonder how many were a result of stampeding crowd.
      people are packed in so tight, it's impossible to miss, and the ricochets off the asphalt are going to hit even more.

Nightmare scenario.

This disaster is the result of a smart person planning out and executing an attack with ruthless efficiency.

Adding an extra level of complexity, having this guy be framed etc... just doesn't fit for me.

Planning and knowing what guns can do, where secondary opportunities would be, gaining additional sight lines... were needed to execute this attack. I can't see the typical yahoo that ISIS gets to convert off the internet playing video games pulling this off.

It would not surprise me to find that he had searched mass shootings on a device. This guy was out to set a record and put himself in a situation to achieve a goal.

Comment

Over 20,000 people trying to flee through limited exits can get ugly real quick. Human stampedes claim hundreds of lives around the world every year - usually at sporting events or religious pilgrimages - like in Mecca. I can certainly see how that could have been an element in this tragedy.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Rooftop view of the shooting. It isn't necessarily graphic because it is so far away, but you know what is happening so click if you want, don't click it if you don't want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Something like that...this wreaks of a setup.

This ol boy owned 2 aircraft, he could have done as much damage as he wanted to...if he really wanted to.

I reckon this will be easy for investigators to figure out...surely if he fired that many rounds of ammo, his hands and body/face will be covered in gunpowder residue.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
              We're lucky he wasn't shooting suppressed. It would have taken a lot longer to find him.
              There have been some dumb comments here, but this wins.

I can tell you don't shoot suppressed much. They ain't anything close to resembling "silent" when a supersonic projectile is flying through them.

When you met Hillary for lunch today, which one of y'all got the salad?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ZwO8cJIoc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ZwO8cJIoc[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGm8QCDPG8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGm8QCDPG8Y[/ame]
              Last edited by 35remington; 10-02-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                So many unanswered questions at this early stage. I'm sure they have already looked at all the security footage - no telling what all will come out. It does seems very odd - his family insists he was not political, religious, or an "avid gun guy." He had no criminal history or social media presence. An incredible amount of planning and expense went into this - like nothing we have ever seen in this type of crime. I just read that an hour went by between the initial 911 call and when LEO breached the door and found him dead. Until details are released this story lends itself to all kinds of theories.
                I

Official statement made earlier was he killed himself "as door was being breached".

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

I can tell you don't shoot suppressed much. They ain't anything close to resembling "silent" when a supersonic projectile is flying through them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ZwO8cJIoc
                  Pretty ironic after you dumb azz comment earlier today.

Comment

It would have shielded muzzle flash and it would have made the crowd slower to react.

Suppressors make it harder to figure out where you are getting shot at from.

It's one of the reasons the military uses them so prolifically.

I mean... come on man...
                    Last edited by Encinal; 10-02-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Something like that...this wreaks of a setup.

This ol boy owned 2 aircraft, he could have done as much damage as he wanted to...if he really wanted to.
                      This. Fill a plane up with gas and crash into the middle of the crowd.

Comment

When you met Hillary for lunch today, which one of y'all got the salad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGm8QCDPG8Y
                        So, is there reduced muzzle flash with a suppressor? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by speedgoat View Post
                          so, is there reduced muzzle flash with a suppressor? Asking for a friend.
                          rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                            It would have shielded muzzle flash and it would have made the crowd slower to react.

Suppressors make it harder to figure out where you are getting shot at from.

It's one of the reasons the military uses them so prolifically.

I mean... come on man...

Probably not going to keep the smoke detector from going off.

"It wasn’t the hundreds of muzzle flashes that exploded from the shooter’s rifles that gave away his position.

Nor was it the panicked 911 calls from people reporting the rhythmic thundering of gunfire.

It was the smoke."

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                              Just found out my BIL was in Vegas this weekend. Had planned to go to the concert on Sunday night but couldn't swing a flight that would get him back to work by this morning. He ended up leaving Vegas at 10 am yesterday. Oh, and he was on the 29th floor of Mandalay Bay facing the concert venue! 3 floors down. Right below the shooter!
                              Yes, this is eerie to me as well. I usually have a car sale at Mandalay Bay this very weekend, last year they moved it to mid October. I have stayed on that side of Mandalay Bay facing the concert venue many times. I have to go there in 2 weeks for the car sale and stay at Mandalay Bay, I will definitely feel uneasy the entire trip for sure.

Prayers for all the victims, concert goers, and their families. I don't have the answers, but this has to stop, the ideology, the divisiveness, the pointing fingers, we have to come together as a country and as human beings.
                              Last edited by Ground Checkin' Heavies; 10-02-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Enough is enough. I'm ready to see only hunting rifles (bolt action), shotguns and pistols for sale. Flame away.
                                Speaking of flames. Are you for banning nightclubs as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X