Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swarovski EL Binoculars - Thoughts? Are they worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts:

No - not really imho if you are only hunting texas
    Yes - Absolutely imho if you also hunt west and are often looking 500-1000+ yards trying to find a single horn or determine if an animal is worthy of a mile hike of your time.
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Hey RickyT swaro will replace your glass for very reasonable fee and make them like new again. Our 10x42 SLC went in for new glass and we got an email stating our glass was defective and they replaced it for free.
      Look at cabelas bargain cave and other spots for refurbished from swaro. They will have the warranty and be much cheaper.
      With good binos we don't have to use out spotter as often, swaro also by the way. Get them all on sale or refurbished to save major $$.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
        My thoughts:

No - not really imho if you are only hunting texas
        Yes - Absolutely imho if you also hunt west and are often looking 500-1000+ yards trying to find a single horn or determine if an animal is worthy of a mile hike of your time.
        Agree with this 100%. I took some 8.5x43 Brunton binos Caribou hunting. Found the guide and my hunting partner constantly spotting caribou while I was trying to find them after they told me where to look. Got a pair of Swaros and went on the same hunt and I was the one finding animals first.

Here in Texas I don't use binos much, but I am bow hunting so it's not exactly hard to look 10-40 yards away. I did start carrying a set of pocket binos for low light and to look closer at the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
          There is no comparison once you get into a field situation comparing them to a $500-$600 Bino. If you're having trouble justifying the price, the SLC's are about $700 less and they are a great piece of glass as well. I'm sure some guys will chime in and tell you to go with Vortex but I am highly satisfied with my decision to go swaro. You can't go wrong with 10x42's.
          I have the 10X42 EL's. I recently bought some 8X30 Mavens, and, in my opinion and multiple other people's that have looked through both, the Mavens are better. $475 vs. $2500.

Comment

my hands are too shakey for the 10 x 42's for bowhunting close. example if I want my bow in the left hand and the binos in my right while my adrenaline is on fire.

so I have the 8x42's . . . . that said the 10 is much appreciated for the farther distances. I have 8x42 El's and 10x42 in my leica

Comment

Swarovski EL Binoculars - Thoughts? Are they worth the money?

Originally posted by treestand View Post
              If you are are hunting in the Rockies and glassing for extended periods, yes they are worth it. If you are checking out the antlers on the deer around your feeder, no the upgrade doesn't do anything for you.

Couldn't disagree more.

My wife flipped out when I bought my EL ranging binos. We were sitting in the blind one morning before legal shooting light. She has a set of mid range Vortex binos. She was looking at the feeder and could tell there were "a few deer" at the feeder. I picked up my Swaros and told her how many deer, how many bucks and does and how many points the bucks had. She didn't believe me so she looked through them and I quote her ver batim "holy ****!, that's crazy".

Then she asked when she was getting a pair of Swaros. [emoji45]

I pretty much lost them for the rest of season and was "stuck" using my smaller pair (8x32). Still could see better than most other full size binos.

Edit: this is from 175 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Mike D; 09-29-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I have a 10 year old pair of the light green 10x40's.
                Forgot the exact numbers. They are heavy, but I love them and all my hunting buddies with Zeiss, and Nikon love mine. You can almost count points a mile away on deer. Great in low light. Never felt comfy with the newer light weight models, I don't know why though. I never bought up.

I'm sold on the brand. Nothing better IMO.

Comment

A good friend of mine loaned me his 10x50 Swarovsky's once.Wow,is all I can say..I just thought my $600 Zeiss were good glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a pair and would do it again in a minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Leica 10-15x50's and the Swarovsky EL's. They are both heavy and really good but I go to the Swarovskys for hunting. They are that good.

Comment

Thanks!

Just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who chimed in. You have helped me greatly. Still not sure what I will do....but I am learning towards making the investment probably on the 10x50's. I blind hunt only so the weight wont be an issue. I hate having store credit and gift cards...so figure at least I will be putting it towards a quality product that I will have and use forever. Thanks again / Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Working...
                        X