No announcement yet.

Dang fleas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexguard and spraying the yard with permethrin works for me. Comfortis doesn't seem to work for my dogs anymore. I've heard diatomaceous earth is a great natural alternative, but haven't tried it yet.

Comment

House, yard, and dogs were infested after dogs stayed stayed at a kennel. We sprayed the yard, vacuumed and bombed the house, cedar shampoo, everything but the fleas kept coming back. Finally broke down and got trifexis. That did the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife woke up this morning all bit up. We use Revolution, the vet here in Springtown sold it to us. It seems to work but we are late giving it to them this month and she paid for it unfortunately (fleas don't bite me for some reason). I will need to get something to treat the house and spray the yard with today.

Comment

We had them bad as well. Treated the yard and the house and none of the commercially available topicals would work. Wife tried the Seresto (sp) collar and it worked great. We did the D.E. powder and that didn't work at all.

Comment

Hate them **** things. My neighbor has some land in east Texas that is eat up with them. Every weekend he goes out he and his Jack Russle come back covered in them. They then climb the fence because apparently my grass is greener and get on my dogs. I keep flea collars and keep them medicated (I'll have to see what it is when I get home) so far is works good. That mixed with a good bath every couple weeks and we're good to go.

Comment

Bravecto. It's is a chewable pill they take every few months.

We moved into a rent house that was covered with fleas inside and out. They never bothered my dog and I've never seen a tick on her.

Comment

I've been using confortis on my Labs for a few years...No Fleas! A pill a month and no fleas.

Comment

Nothing i have tried works as far as treating my dog! They are inside the house and tired of keep fighting them on my wife's inside dog.

Comment

diatomaceous earth

Comment

Dawn soap will kill the ones on the pup now, but won't prevent them from returning. Bathe pup in dawn, let it sit 10 minutes, and rinse.

The next issue you need to look for is tapeworms....

Comment

We've used trifexis as well, for a long time. Prevents the heartworm too. Can't tell you when the last time I saw a flea on my dogs was. They scratch from some allergies but not from fleas.

Comment

Working...
                        X