Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 grain Slick Truck... same ones I still use!!

Comment

Blood Runner 3, 2012 Diamond Infinite Edge, GT Hunters
      Attached Files

Comment

I shot a doe with a steel force sabertooth at 7 yards. I had a Martin Orion bow and gold tip arrows with 4" vanes

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Anybody remember the old Razorback 4 and 5s that spun on the ferrule? Pretty sure I have some in an old plano tackle box up in my attic somewhere
          1st deer with a bow was shot with a Easton XX75 Gamegetter Tipped with a Razorback 5

Comment

Great post. Thunderhead 125/Easton aluminum arrows. I had a hand me down Darton target bow custom wrapped in camo tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thunderhead 125 with Easton Gamegetter II? aluminum arrow.

Comment

Slick Trick Standard

Comment

My longest running combos were a 2213xx-75 alluminums with thunderhead 125's and after that my first carbon arrows,carbon express terminator hunter 4560's with muzzy 125 gr 3 blades and lately the carbon force 200's arrows for the past 8 years or so with multiple different broadheads.

Man! Reading some of these broadhead stories brings back some memories. Archery sure kept me out of a lot of trouble from a very young age. It's cool seeing all of the changes over the past 35 years that I have been addicted to the sport.

Thanks for posting.
                  Last edited by KingsX; 09-27-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

100 gr Thunderhead released from a '91 York with overdraw at 70 lbs pull. Arrow speed was a lightning fast measurement of 242 FPS.

Comment

The year was 1984- South of Dhanis Tx. I used A Savora 4 blade sitting on a Easton 2018 aluminum shaft !! Used finger gloves shooting a Golden Eagle Bow that was an inch to long on the draw length. I made this rig work and took my 1st Deer out of windmill blind shooting thru the windows ! Never will for get that day ! LP

Comment

Magnus Stinger for the kill. Rage x 3 for the wounding and never found prior to Magnus

Comment

A Allen 3 blade 125 grain head from wal-Mart with Easton 2219 shaft at about 32" long lol It was a 7 yard shot out of a home made tree stand

Comment

First kill was a Javelina with a muzzy 100gr three blade. First deer was with the same.

Comment

Magnus stinger buzzcut with the bleeder blades for my first hog and deer with a bow. My first bowkill was actually a bobcat that I shot with an old spitfire mechanical head. Tore his butt up pretty good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Modified Zwickey (cut down to make it lighter) on a Easton 2117 shaft from a Jennings Sidekick bow. Standing on a small platform nailed 35' up in the fork of a big pine tree...hit a 5 point in the spine and dropped him where he stood.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Native Texan; 09-28-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X