Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First animal I shot was a javelina, which I lost. I used a Bear Razorhead. First thing I bagged was a hog and with 4 blade muzzy.

Comment

125 grain muzzy fixed blade shooting a PSE from a ground blind just north of Hico. Doe was at 12 yards and I drew on her WAY TOO EARLY lol remember practically shaking when I let the arrow loose and my biggest memory is the utter shock that my arrow passed clean through the doe! Nobody told me that was normal lol I watched her bound off towards a fenceline while I stood in total shock. Kept thinking there's no way I missed!!!! Found her piled up against a barbed wire fence she tried to jump. Sold that PSE after the season and regretted it for years. Now with my elbow all jacked up, I have picked up a crossbow to get back into it

Comment

First few deer were with 100 gr 3 blade Muzzy. Then switched to 4 blade, then Grim Reapers.

Comment

first one was a 100 gr thunderhead with a martin jaguar at 63# and a beman ics hunter shaft with 4" vanes....

since then i have used grim reapers, jak hammers, muzzy, razorbacks, montecs, strikers, slick tricks, phat heads, sabertooth, stingers, black hornets,crimson talon and a couple others i can recall right now

Comment

Spitfire 100gr, 1999, was my first recovered bow kill. I still have the arrow 5575 goldtip and broadhead. I actually didn't find it till a yr later. Couldn't find the arrow after the shot then a yr later walking the same area I just happen to stumble across it. Mice had eaten the vanes but other than that it was intact.

Comment

Browning Serpentine with a Browning Nomad 50# recurve in the early 70's.
              Attached Files

Comment

100 grain Slick Trick Magnum

Comment

Showing my age

First Broadhead & First Bow for my first deer. Spike buck when I was 13.

I shot over his back with the first shot and he came back to sniff the arrow and the next arrow hit him in his spine and dropped him.
                  Last edited by Still Hunter; 01-30-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

thunderhead 125

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      125 gr. Thunder head
                      this

Comment

I’m enjoying reading all these. Thanks guys.

Comment

Wasp 3 blade. Same one I used on my last kill.

Comment

Muzzy 90gr 4 blade on an Easton PC arrow with 4" vanes & outserts. 70# XI Legacy. 7 pt buck, Montague Co. Early 90's.
                            Still got the mount. What a dink, lol.

Comment

Slick Trick 100gr 1" cut

Comment

100 gn Thunderhead - on my first deer in 1988, first pig in 1995

Comment

Working...
                                X