Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick trick, only broadhead I've ever used.

Comment

75grn Rocket expandable.

Comment

April '92, 125gr Thunderhead on a 150# hog. That 240fps 2217 and 26" overdraw was so lightning fast, blindsided him like a freight train. LOL!

Comment

100gr. Trophy Ridge Rocket

Comment

My very first ever kill with a bow was a twofer on some hogs. Shot it with a slick trick standard. Even got a little keepsake from the game camera. It snapped a photo of the second hog running off with my arrow after passing through the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bear SS Razorhead with a Martin Lynx bow shot with fingers. October 1988.

Comment

Bear Razorhead 165 grain.

Comment

2014 with a Rocket Mini Blaster. Still wish they made those

Comment

Mine was either a big Rocky Mountain head or a thunderhead 125gr... 1997

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Back in 79, Satellite if I remember correctly. Shot a 4pt that was trailing 4 does as I was standing up against a large pecan tree when they came down the trail beside me. Right at 25 yards and I nailed him right were I was aiming. He took off running and ran face first into another tree and fell over. I was pumped and hooked from that moment on.
                      I used Satellites in the late 70s also.

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade. And just like always....no blood trail! But luckily she fell in an open field.

Comment

125 Grain Satellite 3 blade. Killed a yearling doe with it and have been addicted ever since. Can remember like yesterday, got a Bear Whitetail II for my birthday that year, (October 7th). Next day begged my Dad to take me to Gibson Sporting Goods after school, got there and asked the man at the gun counter for a pack of archery broadheads that would kill a deer. He pitched me the 3 blade Satellites. Following weekend, killed a yearling doe...........thought, piece of cake.................lol Still my favorite personal harvest of all time!

Best of luck to all of you.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by jacoblopez View Post
                            2014 with a Rocket Mini Blaster. Still wish they made those
                            I second that!!!!!!

Rwc

Comment

A doe in 1991 with a 3 blade Satellite. I still had the bent bloody Easton arrow shaft and broadhead a few years ago. With my move I am not sure where it is at right now. I still have a dozen or so of those old arrows and broadheads.

Comment

Bear Razorhead broadhead 125 grain - Easton XX-75 2216 arrow shaft - turkey vanes - BlackWidow TF Recurve 48 lbs @ 29"

Comment

Working...
                                X