No announcement yet.

2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Just the kind of info I was looking for. If i can avoid it, i didnt want to go over 3500ish depending the circumstances. 4.5 hours isnt a bad ride from the house either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bloodstick, it's like real estate, location x3 and the more you pay. We are a little more than those mentioned above. But it is well worth it to me any way you slice it. We're wedged between 2 large ranches. Neither has ever been hunted much at all. There is no telling what is going to walk out of the mesquite's.
      If I were you I would be really interested in anything that says borders the Waggoner in the discription.

Comment

First blood of the year!

One of the munchkins got it done this morning. Layton 8, made a 1 shot kill at 120 yards on on his first buck. An old heavy mature 8 point. Him and his dad are fired up. Which one the most, no telling
        Congrats to you guys.
        That little youth model 243 is a animal whackin machine. I know of 7 kiddos that have dropped there first bucks with that thing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          One of the munchkins got it done this morning. Layton 8, made a 1 shot kill at 120 yards on on his first buck. An old heavy mature 8 point. Him and his dad are fired up. Which one the most, no telling
          Congrats to you guys.
          That little youth model 243 is a animal whackin machine. I know of 7 kiddos that have dropped there first bucks with that thing.
          Big congrats to them! Heck of a first buck and deer at that! Sounds like things are started to heat up!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
            Big congrats to them! Heck of a first buck and deer at that! Sounds like things are started to heat up!
            I wished I was out there!! Going Thursday night. They are running like crazy per the reports from Today. I hope things are still western next weekend.

Comment

Way cool

Comment

I wished I was out there!! Going Thursday night. They are running like crazy per the reports from Today. I hope things are still western next weekend.
                In the same boat as you David! Life has been too busy to squeeze in much hunting, on a positive note we closed on our land in Slidell/Krum Tx and had deer coming in five hrs after we set up the feeder. Gonna have to steal a pop up from the lease for this year and hopefully will have some new surprises coming into this place.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	D24A445E-839A-42DB-872C-7786B3761488.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	24518836

Comment

Bloodstick, it's like real estate, location x3 and the more you pay. We are a little more than those mentioned above. But it is well worth it to me any way you slice it. We're wedged between 2 large ranches. Neither has ever been hunted much at all. There is no telling what is going to walk out of the mesquite's.
                  If I were you I would be really interested in anything that says borders the Waggoner in the discription.

Im definitely on the lookout. I passed down 183 from Vernon coming home from Oklahoma and saw hundreds of deer on massive wheat fields.
                  The general area from WF to Vernon and south a little ways is really beautiful country. I cant get enough when i pass through.

Comment

We pay $10 acre as well. I’d say that’s the going rate for property in the area with out improvements. Add electric, water or a place to stay and it does up from there.

Comment

Passing through to the panhandle today. Nothing moving this AM until I crossed the red river and boom! Rut was on. Big mature deer moving like crazy mid day. I expect it to pick up around WF real soon.

We were down this last weekend and some young bucks were cruising but no real chasing and the mature deer are still just hangin out.

Comment

From this past weekend on one of our wheat fields.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachStanton View Post
                          From this past weekend on one of our wheat fields.

Bacon down!! Very nice. We have more coyotes than we have ever had this year.

I am headed out this Friday until Thursday. I hope they are running hard.

Comment

Dave, I may make it out that way Saturday for a couple days, have not been hunting yet, only dove hunted once, been building and opening a restaurant, what the hell was I thinking ?

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Dave, I may make it out that way Saturday for a couple days, have not been hunting yet, only dove hunted once, been building and opening a restaurant, what the hell was I thinking ?
                              Well your idea is great! Your timing of the opening is kinda like getting married during deer season
                              Drop by!

Comment

Getting ready to head out to the lease for the weekend, should be able to get five long hunts in. Hot weather with a northern blowing in always gets me moving and hopefully the rut turns wide open. Lease mate has been out there since Tues and has shot two pigs and a song dong so far! Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X