No announcement yet.

2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed out now for the weekend. Be safe!

Comment

Got into the stand about an hr ago, good luck hunting to the rest of y’all! We haven’t taken a deer off our place yet this season.

Comment

I have been at the lease since Wednesday night and I'm seeing lots of activity at feeders and corned roads as well as wheat fields but no mature bucks of 4.5 and up.
        Good luck to those that are hunting.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a good time this past weekend. It actually sprinkled for 45 minutes Saturday evening. Saw some different bucks this time out. Seeing a lot of small 1-2 year old bucks. The mid sized bucks seem to be getting back in their groups. I saw 7 bucks get out of their beds right off the edge of a wheat field. That was pretty cool. One would get up, stretch out a bit and walk out into the field. Then the next and the next and next. Been a strange year for bigger deer. Seen a few but nothing that made me want to shoot them. It has been fun.

Comment

Deer are really coming to corn in Wise county. Saw probably 6-8 different deer Saturday. That's a lot on my little lease.

Comment

Back at it again, so far great movement late yesterday evening and this morning. Still waiting on a new monster to show up!

Comment

One of my lease mates killed this 145" 10 pt.He was aged at Over the hill old.Lol!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                  One of my lease mates killed this 145" 10 pt.He was aged at Over the hill old.Lol!
                  Very impressive deer! Y’all have taken some good ones this season!!

Comment

Been giving it one last hoorah since Friday evening. Shot a smaller boar and have had slow activity all weekend. No mature bucks to be seen. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Well the season comes to a close for us adults on the bucks. We will be taking the kids out the next two weeks to try their luck on the bucks and shoot a doe or two.
                      It was an interesting season with tons of smaller bucks seen. All our adults connected with mature deer.
                      When the cold hit late in the season we finally saw a giant on the neighbors wheat several times about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile from our place. We hunted that end of the lease hard for a week. It was hard because our land owners house and 30 acre home area were between our wheat and where he was. After we all left on the 30th a friend of mine who lives out there was driving around on the 31st. He sent me a blurry video of a deer in bow range of the blind I had been sitting in every evening when I was there. I called him and of course the video was of the giant. Oh well that's hunting. I hope he breed every doe in a mile radiuos.
                      Post up any pictures of your successes this year.

Comment

Dec. 22 Haskell County

Comment

Originally posted by tweeder View Post
                          Dec. 22 Haskell County

Great looking buck

Comment

I am looking for a spot on a lease in the area. If anyone has spots that are going to open up I would like to meet up and maybe take a look at what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              I am looking for a spot on a lease in the area. If anyone has spots that are going to open up I would like to meet up and maybe take a look at what you have.
                              I would also be interested

Comment

Originally posted by tweeder View Post
                                Dec. 22 Haskell County

Great buck

Have you had him scored yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X