No announcement yet.

2017...Wichita Falls and surrounding counties Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back n the stand this morning, saw two bucks last night and one was all broken up and missing his whole right main beam. Four doe were out and about but no consistent activity. I’ll update this mornings hunt as it plays out

Comment

Sat last night. 4 doe and 1 young buck. No interest in corn. Hell the Pig I shot walked right past the feeder.

Tried a different set up this morning and saw two doe. Coyote ran them off. Still too much food out there. Need a hard freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wow,the last couple of weeks have been awesome deer watching. I've seen lots of nice bucks chasing and a couple of very good bucks tending. Nothin over 4 yrs old but dandy's that will be awesome next year. glad I have good neighbors that want to see how good these bucks will be at 5 n 6 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
          wow,the last couple of weeks have been awesome deer watching. I've seen lots of nice bucks chasing and a couple of very good bucks tending. Nothin over 4 yrs old but dandy's that will be awesome next year. glad I have good neighbors that want to see how good these bucks will be at 5 n 6 yrs old
          It is great to have patient neighbors that want to see mature deer.

We started to see a few bigger deer out and about this weekend with does ourselves. Most up and comers. Our area needs rain bad and some seriously cold weather to get the ball rolling.

The deer are traveling aways looking for love. We sat in a spot on Saturday night and watched 3 good bucks. The biggest was tending a doe hard. The other two were checking the feeder area. Sunday at midday we checked cameras about 1.5 miles away and the 2 bucks not tending that doe had gone over there that morning at 7:20. Maybe the big ones are fixxin to come out and play.

Comment

There was a good one taken on our place this weekend. Said he was chasing hard. Congrats again Crow!!
            Sure this weather coming will keep things interesting.
            Last edited by slicktricker; 12-04-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Here is a link to my first hunting weekend two weeks ago. Saw a lot of different animals for sure. Sorry for the vertigo videos in advance. I didn't get any good stuff this week.

Comment

I put my tag on this 12 pt Sunday AM.Our big deer were moving all day Sat & Sun N of Vera,Tx.
                Attached Files

Comment

Baylor county

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                    I put my tag on this 12 pt Sunday AM.Our big deer were moving all day Sat & Sun N of Vera,Tx.
                    Congrats on a good one for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post

Baylor county

Congrats on a good one TXBowhunter!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Congrats on a good one TXBowhunter!
                        Thanks!

Comment

Well, no ones posted in awhile here. I was out last weekend and it is still dry. We did see signs of what I call our second wave of bigger deer moving in. It happens after the first hard freeze most years. We saw 4 or 5, 145-155 type deer this past week. And a couple of young 130-140 type deer.

I would have shot the one I saw for 30 seconds on our side of the fence, but by the time I first saw him with his head down in a bush 1 yard from the fence, I put a bullet in the chamber (yes I was gun hunting for the first time all year) i looked at him again with binos he threw his head up, I said holly chit, raised my gun up and he jumped the fence. Then he slowly walked off. As we both measured him up with the bino's walking broadside and away from us. We both got around the same numbers... G's= 5,12,11,6 on both sides, 18 inch spread, 5.5 to 4.5 on mass measurements, 24-26 mains, that all equals close to 170 +/- a few. I haven't seen a deer like that one in 6-7 years. Me and my buddy were like 2 kids in a candy store that hunt. I went back the next morning and afternoon and didn't see him.

We need a 3-4 day mid 30's daytime to hard freeze at night to flush them outta the brush onto the wheat and feeders.

Comment

Well, no ones posted in awhile here. I was out last weekend and it is still dry. We did see signs of what I call our second wave of bigger deer moving in. It happens after the first hard freeze most years. We saw 4 or 5, 145-155 type deer this past week. And a couple of young 130-140 type deer.

I would have shot the one I saw for 30 seconds on our side of the fence, but by the time I first saw him with his head down in a bush 1 yard from the fence, I put a bullet in the chamber (yes I was gun hunting for the first time all year) i looked at him again with binos he threw his head up, I said holly chit, raised my gun up and he jumped the fence. Then he slowly walked off. As we both measured him up with the bino's walking broadside and away from us. We both got around the same numbers... G's= 5,12,11,6 on both sides, 18 inch spread, 5.5 to 4.5 on mass measurements, 24-26 mains, that all equals close to 170 +/- a few. I haven't seen a deer like that one in 6-7 years. Me and my buddy were like 2 kids in a candy store that hunt. I went back the next morning and afternoon and didn't see him.

We need a 3-4 day mid 30's daytime to hard freeze at night to flush them outta the brush onto the wheat and feeders.
                            That is a good one Dave, I have hardly hunted out there this year, several reasons but mainly because of the conditions. There was a giant spotted on our other place to the west by two different people, they guessing 190's, the neighbor tried his best to rattle him in but said he was not having any of it. We are headed to Mexico Thursday to chase those giants, neighbor already has killed a 195 and a 176, hope he left a couple for us.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              That is a good one Dave, I have hardly hunted out there this year, several reasons but mainly because of the conditions. There was a giant spotted on our other place to the west by two different people, they guessing 190's, the neighbor tried his best to rattle him in but said he was not having any of it. We are headed to Mexico Thursday to chase those giants, neighbor already has killed a 195 and a 176, hope he left a couple for us.
                              Yes it was a good one forsure. Skip was halfway up the ladder when he said big deer at the fence. He never gets shook up about a deer. I think he went thru 3 cans of snuff and 4 coke zero's after we watched him walk off and while we sat there that night.

Man, we are on the wrong side of the big ranch sounds like. Your 175 plus another sighting of a 190. Wowser!!!! we need to move west. I wouldn't go to beaver either lol.
                              I hope you guys kill a giant down in Mexico. Safe travels and send pictures of Muy Grande!

Comment

Yes it was a good one forsure. Skip was halfway up the ladder when he said big deer at the fence. He never gets shook up about a deer. I think he went thru 3 cans of snuff and 4 coke zero's after we watched him walk off and while we sat there that night.

Man, we are on the wrong side of the big ranch sounds like. Your 175 plus another sighting of a 190. Wowser!!!! we need to move west. I wouldn't go to beaver either lol.
                                I hope you guys kill a giant down in Mexico. Safe travels and send pictures of Muy Grande!
                                Well you know how that scoring them on the hoof goes, you walk up to him and usually say " well he has a little ground shrinkage " lol, never the less apparently he was a really big buck, hope you get that dude ya'll seen, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X