X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wear a camo mosquito net pullover. Works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      I tried that ONCE... Sure was glad I stuck a can of OFF in my hunting vest... it was opening day of Teal Season and I was in a rice field... That Sawyer's permethrin works for ticks and chiggers, but it don't do squat for skeeters!

I'll be using a Thermocell or maybe 2 (one on each side of me) and wearing a leafy wear suit over my shorts/t-shirt... The boonie hat and mask works good too for the face/neck area.
      Permethrin works on skeeters but it doesn't keep them from buzzing you or attacking any exposed skin so as you said it's basically worthless on them.

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I think I'm going in with two thermocells and some deep woods off. I will get in my pop up as fast as I can and zip the door shut.
      You wont need two thermacells in a popup. Just set the thermacell on the the ground outside your open window that is upwind. You will get just enough of the scent to blow inside to keep the mosquitoes out. I've done it this way many times and it works perfect. You may want to put it inside the first few minutes to get rid of them but then set it outside the window. If I leave mine inside the blind, My eyes burn and I get a headache.

The place I hunted a few years ago had the worst skeeters ever. As soon as you would open your truck door you would have hundreds inside your truck and the downwind side of the truck would turn black with them. I had to use two thermacells, bug spray and a bug suit to hunt in open stands. Mosquitoes would land and die right on the thermacell pad.

Check out this picture of the buck at that place and that isn't even when the mosquitoes were at there worst.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        Permethrin works on skeeters but it doesn't keep them from buzzing you or attacking any exposed skin so as you said it's basically worthless on them.

You wont need two thermacells in a popup. Just set the thermacell on the the ground outside your open window that is upwind. You will get just enough of the scent to blow inside to keep the mosquitoes out. I've done it this way many times and it works perfect. You may want to put it inside the first few minutes to get rid of them but then set it outside the window. If I leave mine inside the blind, My eyes burn and I get a headache.

The place I hunted a few years ago had the worst skeeters ever. As soon as you would open your truck door you would have hundreds inside your truck and the downwind side of the truck would turn black with them. I had to use two thermacells, bug spray and a bug suit to hunt in open stands. Mosquitoes would land and die right on the thermacell pad.

Check out this picture of the buck at that place and that isn't even when the mosquitoes were at there worst.
        No deer is worth fighting skeeters like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          No deer is worth fighting skeeters like that!
          Your right, I wasn't hunting deer, I was hunting hogs.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Your right, I wasn't hunting deer, I was hunting hogs.
              No hog is worth getting out of bed for!

Comment

I want to mix Cutter yard spray with water in a 2 gallon pump up sprayer and soak the entire area/ tree I hunt out of a few days before I plan to hunt. The stuff works great for about 10 days or until a rain in my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by janak View Post
                  I want to mix Cutter yard spray with water in a 2 gallon pump up sprayer and soak the entire area/ tree I hunt out of a few days before I plan to hunt. The stuff works great for about 10 days or until a rain in my yard.
                  If it works to keep the skeeters out, you may have every deer in the County under your tree

Comment

We had the USAF spraying skeeters at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      No hog is worth getting out of bed for!
                      I agree, that is why I hunt them at night when I'm already long out of bed.

I also think they are way better eating then deer.

Comment

I agree, that is why I hunt them at night when I'm already long out of bed.

I also think they are way better eating then deer.
                        Their not......I do love spraying them with an AR though.

Comment

Working...
                        X