Breakfast Taco vs. Breakfast Burrito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
    Well now I want some taquitos....Whataburger here I come.
    whatabuger tacos are not real tacos, hahahahahaha

Comment

Wikipedia, the never ending knowledge base that cannot be contested, has settled it.

It defines a burrito as a "large flour tortilla" that is "wrapped" into a "closed end" cylinder as opposed to a taco which is simply folded over.

Two spoons of filling in a 6" tortilla and folded in half is not a burrito.

When wikipedia speaks.............

Close the thread!

Comment

Breakfast tacos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tacos down south but my parents live in midland and they're called burritos up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
            If the tortilla is left open they are tacos. If the tortilla is wrapped up closed it's a burrito. Now I'm hungry.
            Winner, Winner, Chicken ... Taco, or Burrito

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Ya... ya I do. Maybe you prefer texmex
              We have 'em both in SA - good TexMex and traditional Mexican food. Little taquerias and food trucks with traditional all over the place around here as well as traditional Mexcian seafood restaurants.

Comment

I've had them both ways, a taco on a normal day, a burrito when I'm feeling really hungry

Comment

Since the western 1/3 of the state has burritos and the other 2/3 has tacos and 80% of the population.......a vote would be a landslide for tacos.

As has been said, small tortilla with open ends is a taco and large with folded ends is a burrito.

Way more tacos in Texas. Burritos from west Texas to Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                    We have 'em both in SA - good TexMex and traditional Mexican food. Little taquerias and food trucks with traditional all over the place around here as well as traditional Mexcian seafood restaurants.
                    Tex Mex rules. Traditional Mexican is good as well. A plate of carne asada taquitos is good as is a sizzling platter of beef fajitas. The rice and beans are the same. The actual term Tex Mex was used to describe food along the Texas and Mexico boarder. It is when the cuisine rose to fame world wide in the 80s and 90s that traditionalists begin to frown upon the term Tex Mex.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Since the western 1/3 of the state has burritos and the other 2/3 has tacos and 80% of the population.......a vote would be a landslide for tacos.

As has been said, small tortilla with open ends is a taco and large with folded ends is a burrito.

Way more tacos in Texas. Burritos from west Texas to Cali.
                      And don't give me them tiny *** street taco tortillas!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Tex Mex rules. Traditional Mexican is good as well. A plate of carne asada taquitos is good as is a sizzling platter of beef fajitas. The rice and beans are the same. The actual term Tex Mex was used to describe food along the Texas and Mexico boarder. It is when the cuisine rose to fame world wide in the 80s and 90s that traditionalists begin to frown upon the term Tex Mex.

TexMex is more ground beef.
                        Think Chuy's or Taco Bell

Real Mexican food is like. Elotes and huitlacoche.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          TexMex is more ground beef.
                          Think Chuy's or Taco Bell

Real Mexican food is like. Elotes and huitlacoche.
                          Incorrect and silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            And don't give me them tiny *** street taco tortillas!
                            I agree (for me), but the little tortillas were what finally got my 5 year old daughter to eat tacos. She thought they were cute.

Comment

This is a burrito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to believe someone doesn't know the difference between a taco and a burrito.

You can get breakfast tacos all over North DFW and you can get a breakfast burrito all over North DFW.

And, get this...you can even get fish tacos and fish burritos, shrimp tacos and shrimp burritos, chicken tacos and chicken burritos, beef tacos and beef burritos, port tacos and pork burritos, tongue tacos and tongue burritos, and even vegan tacos and vegan burritos. I know....it's crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X