Finally bought a pcp rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Welcome to the addiction! Now get on line and start reading about all the modificications, additions, upgrades and such you can do with the M-rod!! The fun is only beginning!

This is what I've been doing. I'm working out of town right now, but as soon as I get home my hatsan is coming apart and I'm going to start some of the mods I've read about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I happen to own one of BWaltons builds, Hatsan BT65 Carnivore in 30 cal. It is super quiet, almost scary quiet.
      I also own an Air force Texan in 45 with the hammer spring upgrade. Medium weight spring, this thing barks and bites like a 20 gauge now, hate see what it will be like with the heavy spring in it.
      I also own a Samyang 909 Light hunter twin tube in 45. I am thinking about selling it, it's barely used and just collecting dust.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet looking guns!

Comment

Things are WAY more addicting than AR's!! I've killed a BUNCH of squirrels, Starrlings and Sparrows... Oh yea, hogs too!!

[ATTACH]872949[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]872950[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]872951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]872953[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]872954[/ATTACH]
          what kind of rifles are those? I keep trying not to buy one but man those are neat looking

Comment

Could you get multiple shots on hogs at bow ranges ? Are they quiet enough for that ? Head shots only I'm assuming ? Sorry, I'm full of questions but I know nothing about airguns. Thanks !

Comment

Do you have to be special pellets for the .177?
              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 07-06-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Could you get multiple shots on hogs at bow ranges ? Are they quiet enough for that ? Head shots only I'm assuming ? Sorry, I'm full of questions but I know nothing about airguns. Thanks !
                Same here....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  No

Comment

This is to the guys that have the PCP rifles.
                    For general plinking & shooting sparrows ,starlings etc, what caliber would you go with. I was thinking a 22 caliber
                    THANKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      No
                      Wrong!

I've taken multiple pigs on multiple occasions with my .25 cal. Cricket and .25 cal. Vulcan. Most of these bull pup air rifles made in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic or Russia) have a shrouded barrel, and when you add a LDC (Lead Dust Collector), they are almost completely quiet. The LDC's are made of carbon fiber material with a series of internal baffles that will kill virtually all the sound the pellet makes as long as you stay sub-sonic. The pic below of the hog hanging that has been skinned was dropped with a single pellet at the burr of the ear and it was a pass thru. Pellet entered the side showing right at the hairline in the pic and it came out mid neck on the opposite side. Shot distance was 41 yards (laser range finder). My longest kill to date has been 139 yards (again laser range finder) shot on a turtle's head sitting on a log in a creek. These things are amazingly accurate.

Others asked what kind of guns these are:

The two black ones in the top pics are from Kalibrgun from the Czech Republic and are their Cricket models. The short one is a .22 caliber and the longer one is a .25 cal.

The wooden stocked one and the black one in the grass are both .25 cal. Vulcans from Airgun Technologies also in the Czech Republic.

All these guns will shoot a 1/4" to 1/2" group at 50 yards consistently.

I thoroughly enjoy messing around with them... really even more so than AR black guns... You can tune em, tweak 'em add things to 'em... it never ends... Right now I have the .25 cal. Cricket topped with night vision optics. Have had a ton of fun doing coon control under my feeders after dark at the end of my hunts... multiple coon shots before they figure out what's going on... I can tell you that the sound of a .25 caliber pellet slapping a hog or coon up side the head makes a LOT of noise. That's the loudest sound you ever hear out of these guns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4108.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	24544030

Name:	Standard Vulcan.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	24544031

Name:	IMG_6214.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	24544032

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	24544033

Name:	IMG_4054.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	24544034

Name:	IMG_4101.jpg
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	24544035

Name:	AirGunKills-002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	24544036

Comment

Also to add, I have taken multiple 50 pound range pigs shooting them right in the heart/lung area and probably 50% of the time, they drop right there. If they do run, they leave a good blood trail...

I will say that the .25 cal. is not sufficient to take deer/hog size animals with body shots. This fall it will be legal to take deer in Texas with air guns of .30 cal. or larger... My personal favorite I think is a .357 (9mm) cal. It is a good size compromise with sufficient killing power and still capable of multiple shots between charging as compared to the .45 cal and larger... Folks are shooting 600 meter silhouettes now with the .45 cal. modified Air Force Texan, but they shoot with a tank tethered to the gun because of the large gas consumption for each shot.

Comment

Charlie,

Which 25 is your favorite?

Comment

I was not even aware air rifles had came this far along. Guess I am behind the times.
                            Cool guns!

Comment

Wrong!

I've taken multiple pigs on multiple occasions with my .25 cal. Cricket and .25 cal. Vulcan. Most of these bull pup air rifles made in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic or Russia) have a shrouded barrel, and when you add a LDC (Lead Dust Collector), they are almost completely quiet. The LDC's are made of carbon fiber material with a series of internal baffles that will kill virtually all the sound the pellet makes as long as you stay sub-sonic. The pic below of the hog hanging that has been skinned was dropped with a single pellet at the burr of the ear and it was a pass thru. Pellet entered the side showing right at the hairline in the pic and it came out mid neck on the opposite side. Shot distance was 41 yards (laser range finder). My longest kill to date has been 139 yards (again laser range finder) shot on a turtle's head sitting on a log in a creek. These things are amazingly accurate.

Others asked what kind of guns these are:

The two black ones in the top pics are from Kalibrgun from the Czech Republic and are their Cricket models. The short one is a .22 caliber and the longer one is a .25 cal.

The wooden stocked one and the black one in the grass are both .25 cal. Vulcans from Airgun Technologies also in the Czech Republic.

All these guns will shoot a 1/4" to 1/2" group at 50 yards consistently.

I thoroughly enjoy messing around with them... really even more so than AR black guns... You can tune em, tweak 'em add things to 'em... it never ends... Right now I have the .25 cal. Cricket topped with night vision optics. Have had a ton of fun doing coon control under my feeders after dark at the end of my hunts... multiple coon shots before they figure out what's going on... I can tell you that the sound of a .25 caliber pellet slapping a hog or coon up side the head makes a LOT of noise. That's the loudest sound you ever hear out of these guns.

[ATTACH]914671[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914677[/ATTACH]

We have different pigs then. If a twig breaks my pigs bust out of the area.

Comment

Also to add, I have taken multiple 50 pound range pigs shooting them right in the heart/lung area and probably 50% of the time, they drop right there. If they do run, they leave a good blood trail...

I will say that the .25 cal. is not sufficient to take deer/hog size animals with body shots. This fall it will be legal to take deer in Texas with air guns of .30 cal. or larger... My personal favorite I think is a .357 (9mm) cal. It is a good size compromise with sufficient killing power and still capable of multiple shots between charging as compared to the .45 cal and larger... Folks are shooting 600 meter silhouettes now with the .45 cal. modified Air Force Texan, but they shoot with a tank tethered to the gun because of the large gas consumption for each shot.

I think they rescinded that law about hunting with air guns. I dont think it will be legal after all

Comment

Working...
                                X