Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Trespasser (Long Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kinda surprised and a little shocked that the guy had the huervos to ask if he needed to move his blind. Pretty crazy.

A few years ago, I believe it was east Tx, a kid killed an entire family sleeping in their travel trailer. The kid/young man was upset the family had bought land from his family and he couldn't use the land anymore. People are nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
      Is he really a trespasser or just an Undocumented Hunter ?
      That makes all the difference in the world.
      He's just a dreamer...

Comment

Call the GW.

Comment

Since you still have not started if your property is legally posted,,

You should get a gallon of purple paint, and paint everywhere you can. ( check the regulations for size ),, and put up signs.

That way you are covered in the eyes of the law.

I understand your frustration, but you must take steps to CYA.

Comment

How much do you want for the pop-up and feeder he left?

Keep in mind you might need to access their property to retrieve a monster buck you shot in the plot that jumped the fence in his last breath.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
              He's just a dreamer...
              Yep that's what I was afraid of.
              OP now you are responsible to not only let him hunt your place but you also need to do the following

1. Buy his license for him
              2. Keep his feeder filled
              3. Clean and process his deer.

Sorry brother, I don't make these rules , we just have to live with em.

Just busting on you brother, I hate the entitled mind frame from people like this, hope you can work it out and still have decent relationship with your neighbors .

Comment

We are going to need updates on this..

Comment

Posted

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                  Since you still have not started if your property is legally posted,,

You should get a gallon of purple paint, and paint everywhere you can. ( check the regulations for size ),, and put up signs.

That way you are covered in the eyes of the law.

I understand your frustration, but you must take steps to CYA.
                  It's posted

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                    It's posted
                    Did you specify that the trespasser cannot trespass? He may think the postings don't apply to him.

Comment

You already told him to get off your property once, thats more then what I would have done. I would call the GW ASAP and get this dealt with.

Comment

Man, just let the guy hunt on your property.

You have a hot wife and a bunch of nice land, the least you can do is share the land...

Comment

Geesh!!!!
                          A man can't even put up a feeder where he wants to anymore!!!
                          I think I would show him one more time where your boundaries are and let him know you will be hunting within those boundaries all season long. Don't mention a word about any game cameras.
                          Then and if you catch him in person or on camera, my first call would be to the SO.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                            Is he really a trespasser or just an Undocumented Hunter ?
                            That makes all the difference in the world.
                            Falls under HACA !!

Comment

Update, feeder and pop up are gone, but I am sure it's not the end of dealing with this dude. Gonna put up some of my trace cams, they are made for surveillance and take pictures continuously. Will update soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                                My first calls would be to the Game Warden and the Sherriff first and foremost and let them come out and see the stuff on your place and then maybe you will own a new popup and feeder. Definitely let them know you have already discussed it with the guy politely and neighborly. I would also set up and conceal plenty of game cameras around to catch him or anyone from over there trespassing and set up no trespassing signs in clear sight for them.
                                X3. The trace cameras are a good idea.

Also, what's this crap of "it's his parent's fault"?? He's a grown-a*s man!

Comment

Working...
                                X