No announcement yet.

Ever been electrocuted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are frightening stories. I don't go near electricity without the Klein tester to be 100% sure there's no power. Insurance less than $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just by an electric fence and once by holding the ground and the piece of metal my grandpa was welding on at the same time. I know a lot of guys that have because it's my job to mess with electricity. A good buddy of mine got hung up on 480 a few years back. Know another guy that flipped a breaker and ended up on fire. Left a perfect imprint of his body on the wall behind him when it blew. They're both still alive and well and still deal with electricity every day. My days comin.......when and how bad it will be are the only uncertainties. It might hurt or I might not feel anything. We'll see.
      Last edited by okrattler; 09-14-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I grab 110 all the time on accident. I've seen a electrician get zapped by 220. the dude had burnt arms.

Comment

Lots of description of shock, but if electrocuted they would not likely be writing today as Death by electrical shock. So unless resuscitated from death not electrocuted.

I have been shocked a few times, last time was when I was old the breaker is off and I didn't go to the truck and get the meter to test. I have worked 110 and 220 hot many times but if possible do not work it hot.

Some of the stories above sounds too danged close to death, Y'all be careful out there

Comment

As an electrician for the past 25 years I have been shocked to many times to count. I have never been electrocuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              Those are frightening stories. I don't go near electricity without the Klein tester to be 100% sure there's no power. Insurance less than $20.

don't trust your life with that tool

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                As an electrician for the past 25 years I have been shocked to many times to count. I have never been electrocuted.

[emoji3]
                Been waiting for this reply.
                Same here, been hit by it to many times to count but never been electrocuted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost. Working putting the ceilings in on a 12 story building. Asked an electrician foreman if a half inch cable with a bare end was hot right next to where I was going to work. He said no and that he had the power turned off. I used a 2x4 and pushed the bare end of the cable over and made contact with an I-beam. Sounded like a 454 Casul going off, 880 volts. Shut the building down and fried a $24k main power supply transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                    don't trust your life with that tool
                    Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Yeah I don't mess with that stuff. Electricity runs uphill is what my dad used to tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Yep, plugged myself into an outlet when I was a kid.
                        Me too. Still remember it well. And many times by hot wires but not sure that really even counts.....I have a healthy respect for it, maybbe fear, but do my own electrical work. ( built and wired my own house in 1999-2000 and my shop etc )

Comment

its a shocking experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post

Don't trust this tool!!!

Comment

I'm scared to death of electricity.

I was trying to finish an evening hunt as a thunderstorm was rolling in. The storm got there as I was leaving the tree. Pouring rain and a light show like crazy on the ride back to camp. On the gate we had to open through the separate pastures before camp I reached one hand on the pipe top fence and the other to open the gate, just as a bolt of lightening hit a hundred yards down the fence. I'm sure it was grounding out along the way, but I felt it go through my body. scared the crap out of me.

Comment

I don't mess with electricity at all. Installing batteries is a far as I go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X