Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission or Ravin

Comment

I just remembered that Parker makes a crossbow that automatically cocks and decocks using CO2 gas - I looked it up for you and found that it's on sale:

If I didn't already have a new crossbow, I'd be on the Parker big time!

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

I use the tenpoint Invader. Its awesome.

Comment

Having been there, my recommendation is..... don't do it.

Instead, get arthroscopic surgery, PT, a lighter bow, or just lay off for a year (hard, I know, but hey, I did it after 50 years of shooting).

Why I'll never buy another crossbow:

Too heavy to lug around.
          Too slow to reload.
          Too much movement involved in cocking it.
          The one I had was also too temperamental in terms of the telescopic sight staying in alignment.
          Without a cocking winch, you'll still need to put stress on both arms.

Comment

Ravin

Comment

Depends on your budget.
              If a tight budget, I would go Sniper 370.

If no budget I would go Scorpyd or Mission.

Personally I don't like Excalibur. They make a tough bow, but its slow and loud.

Comment

Mission Sniper. Sweet.

Comment

Another thought: shoot some different makes and models that you can as whatever is near you, and see what you like. You might learn some specs are more important to you than others (eg I didn't want a bow that was too wide, because I like the option of spot and stalk). Even better if you have a friend with one who would let you take one hunting.

As for the compound vs. recurve, I can say I did learn the hard way (more than once) that the unexpected can and will happen. I broke a string with no backup weapon twice. I am a bit hard-headed from time to time. Now, I bring my compound bow as my backup when hunting with the crossbow and vice versa.

I have offered mine to a friend or two to try. When I bought mine, I didn't have any friends who owned one. I also wish I had done a little more of what you are doing now: getting others' opinions. I am happy hunting with a crossbow, but I could be happier with my choice of make and model.

Comment

Comment

Well I just bought a Barnett recruit. It's accurate but man is it loud. Any way to quite these thins down

Comment

Go to crossbownation forum they have a bunch of information and reviews. I purchased a center point sniper 370. Their reviews rate it high. I went from a Excalibur Axiom to this xbow with no regrets. I have the Excalibur for sale right now. If interested PM me.

Comment

I have installed the Ten Point string stops in a Raptor before and think it can be used on the Recruit, that did help the Raptor noise level. About all crossbows are loud, the quietest I have ever shot or been around are from Darton.

Comment

I second the Excalibur suggestions. I had the same problem with my shoulder. Tried Tenpoint, a PSE, a Barnett, ended up with an Excalibur- (I now own 3) they're lighter, plenty fast, deadly accurate, and dependable. No wheels to get out of whack. AND they have an out of this world warranty. Go to the Excalibur web site and Click on the three bars beside the Excalibur name. Scroll down to forum, and trading post to see if there are any good deals for sale.

Comment

10 point

Comment

Carbon express compact is a great xbow for the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X