No announcement yet.

Is this worth it? Lease amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what you save in gas, it's like a free lease.

Comment

Nope,not worth it....................please PM me the owners info and I'll let him know you're gonna pass.

DJ

Comment

Places like that easily go for a grand

Comment

I'd do it, but would want the whole place to myself.

Comment

15 dollars an acre isn't to bad I don't guess for 40 acres

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
              it is a place to take your kids hunting 10 minutes from the house for $600/yr - it is worth a shot at least. River looks shallow so find a shallow crossing spot and put up a feeder with a ladder stand in a big tree down by the river. Perfect place to get some hunting in with your kids on the quick when the opportunity arises. I would not involve another party in a place that small if you can afford the $600 by yourself

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Even still I would ask the landowner to let you have it for $600 all to yourself

Agreed. I just took it that he wanted to reduce his costs and why I said I could make it work.

Comment

That could be an excellent spot, especially during the rut. I bet there are quite a few bucks cruising between that neighborhood and the river when they start moving. Rivers/creeks are wildlife travel magnets.

Comment

Jr, if you live in Killeen, you are closest to one of the best deer leases a man could have @ $100.00 a year, 335K acres... look into it...

Comment

My gut says it's not a bad deal. I'd entertain it if I were you.
                      This.

Comment

All day everyday. Dove and duck opportunity too? Congrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          $600 for yourself year round, with river access, yes it is worth it.
                          What he said, i would pay it in a heart beat, if you pass please let me know

Comment

Hand him the $600 with a smile.

Comment

I think you got your answer on this one. LOL

I would definitely do it as well. 40 Acres is plenty for one person and you would be surprised what hangs out around a river. Not to mention if your neighbor is putting in the work he's probably not shooting small young deer.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                                If I owned 40 acres I don't think I'd let anybody on it for $600 a year. You better pay the man what he is asking.
                                You never know, it might be a honey hole for arrowheads too. That would be a selling point for me.
                                If you found arrowheads, I hope you would consider checking with the LO first as you'd be leasing for hunting and nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X