Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=banzai;12741936]
    Originally posted by thorthunder View Post

I like brown gravy on liver and onions at Luby's. Highschool cafeteria in Houston served brown gravy on what they called Veal Cutlet (beef and soybean patty like CFS) that I loved back in '82.

I'd eat CFS with brown gravy today if that's how they served it. It would be good.

I make brown gravy at home for Salsbury steak, but that a different thread.

I love brown gravy, just ain't eatin' it on CFS or biscuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll have to agree with Jake & Dorothy's also but the Coffee Cup in Hico is pretty good too! But the best is one made at home

Comment

Pepper bellys in San Saba has a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was this place in Raymondville in the RGV called the WAGON Wheel, the best I ever had. I think the owner died

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            For the most part I think Bluebonnet Cafe is overrated but I will admit their Chicken Fried Steak is Legit.
            I agree on both counts. Their pie was good too, though.

I like Mary's, but I think Bluebonnet Cafe has a better quality CFS (though not as large).

After reading this thread, I want to try Bill and Rosa's in D'Hannis!

Comment

Smalik's in Mathis TX

Comment

Hickory Hollow is a long time favorite. Haven't been in quite a while though unfortunately, so not sure if its still on par. Used to go to Mel's with the family fairly often, and it is good, but i'd prefer HH.

Comment

[quote=banzai;12741936]

I like brown gravy on liver and onions at Luby's. Highschool cafeteria in Houston served brown gravy on what they called Veal Cutlet (beef and soybean patty like CFS) that I loved back in '82.

I'd eat CFS with brown gravy today if that's how they served it. It would be good.

I make brown gravy at home for Salsbury steak, but that a different thread.
                  Listen to banzai. He made this while at my ranch and it's very good!

Comment

Montana's in Stephenville had great CF back in the 90's. Not sure what its like now days!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      The Gristmill is pretty darn good.

I hate to say it but Texas Roadhouse serves a pretty good CFS that you can get anywhere!

I used to work there and I agree - the flavor of the gravy and the seasoning they put in the flour is better than most I've had. Not greasy at all and sufficiently large...It's Country Fried Sirloin

Comment

Originally posted by Twipper333 View Post
                        I used to work there and I agree - the flavor of the gravy and the seasoning they put in the flour is better than most I've had. Not greasy at all and sufficiently large...It's Country Fried Sirloin

You lost me at "not greasy at all" [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Need Houston spots please....

Had Dennie's yesterday. Yuck......
                          Dixie Diner isn't bad plus they load you down with the feed. Not too far from you on Dixie Dr. about 4 blocks west of Telephone.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
                            Ojeda's in Menard has a mighty fine Chicken Fried Steak
                            Awesome Mexican-style chicken fried steak, hit that place during bow season when I was too hot to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                              Dixie Diner isn't bad plus they load you down with the feed. Not too far from you on Dixie Dr. about 4 blocks west of Telephone.
                              Ty...............

Comment

They serve a really good liver and onions once or twice a week. You'll have to look it up to see which days but the CFS is daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X