Waller County Looking Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waller County Looking Better

Hunting has been slow for me except does and a few small bucks.Saturday a.m. heard a couple bucks grunting in brush but never did see them.This a.m. had 3 does behind me and had a 8 point come out and chase them all around the area.He was easily legal under the antler restrictions but was young so i decided to pass.Seems they are starting to move more

The young bucks usually start chasing does this time of the year and come the first and second week of November it is on here at my place. I watched a young 8pt chase 3 does pretty hard this evening while sitting in the stand.

-Brandon

Comment

It should pick up the few days

Comment

glassjeg6,

Do you hunt with Kevin on the Brazos River lease? Our place is right outside of Hempstead and another place out in Monaville.

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
          glassjeg6,

Do you hunt with Kevin on the Brazos River lease? Our place is right outside of Hempstead and another place out in Monaville.

-Brandon
          Yeah i hunt with Kevin down on the river.We are cousins.I also have a lease in Eldorado in west texas

Comment

My folks have 50 acres just North of Hempstead near Hwy. 6 and FM 1736...seems like we are starting to see more deer than we have in the past. Thought about setting up a corn feeder and a trail cam and seeing what's out there. Anybody have any experience hunting this area? Good or bad?

Sonny

Also, I'm surprised there are not more hogs in the area. I've never seen any there.

Comment

Now that the weather has taken for the colder, I am hoping to see more movement around the lease. Kevin and Glassjeg6 have been hogging all of the deer. LOL.

Gotta get out this week.

Comment

Working...
              X