Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas has a long way to go to compete with the likes of those that are coming up on the schedule. There is ZERO pass rush, The linebacker play is 10 times better with Johnson on the field. Why in the hell are they playing Roach inside, that is criminal. The corner play is not all that bad, SJSU didn't even threaten Boyd, the safety's on the other hand... they got caught stepping on their deeks a few times except SJSU couldn't catch those balls.

There is a complete lack of ability when it comes to KICKER.

Offensive line looked better but it was SJSU, give Warren the freaking rock. If you blow on Porter he falls over, go to Carter after Warren. Hemphill > Foreman, QB's (plural) have been lucky thus far on turnovers.

It's going to be a rough Saturday versus No. 4, followed by ISU, No. 18 KSU, No. 2 OU and No.9 OSU. Hopefully they can get a few W's over the next 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
      Uncle Nick?
      Maybe Red Buzbee could be the point man on this one

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      For sure. The A&M job is a career job. 'Bamer is just a stepping stone.
      I don't believe he is really in trouble. He is undefeated at this point in the season other than the out of conference game one which really does not matter. I say give him time.

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Money money money
      Like marrying for money, it can be the toughest you ever earn.

BAMA trying their best to get ready for CSU with our TEXAS QB. Glad CNS makes good decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
        I'm feeling pretty good about my avatar bet with you. Not so much with eradicator.

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Long ways to go until that game, a lot can happen. Not to mention the 'No Frills Hill Syndrome'

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Avatar for Eradicator, at least the Hogs won't lose this weekend.
          Good thing I got to Eradicator before he used the avatar he had picked out

You two get together and get GP to join us next year are the TBH Open. I may even wear TCU gear to the golf if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post

You two get together and get GP to join us next year are the TBH Open. I may even wear TCU gear to the golf if you do.
            He can play some mean guitar! Wonder if he can hit a driving iron?

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post

If they move it to Colonial, I'm sure he would attend. He may even provide post golf entertainment and play a few songs afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

He's pretty bad is my understanding! Like Bear Bryant said, show me a coach that's good at golf and he's prolly not a very good coach(paraphrase)

Comment

Excited for another week of football and gonna fish some this week so it's already looking better than last week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chad Morris would be just fine . . even better I'm assuming he would bring Jeff Traylor with him . .

Comment

Texas has a long way to go to compete with the likes of those that are coming up on the schedule. There is ZERO pass rush, The linebacker play is 10 times better with Johnson on the field. Why in the hell are they playing Roach inside, that is criminal. The corner play is not all that bad, SJSU didn't even threaten Boyd, the safety's on the other hand... they got caught stepping on their deeks a few times except SJSU couldn't catch those balls.

There is a complete lack of ability when it comes to KICKER.

Offensive line looked better but it was SJSU, give Warren the freaking rock. If you blow on Porter he falls over, go to Carter after Warren. Hemphill > Foreman, QB's (plural) have been lucky thus far on turnovers.

It's going to be a rough Saturday versus No. 4, followed by ISU, No. 18 KSU, No. 2 OU and No.9 OSU. Hopefully they can get a few W's over the next 5 games.
                      I'd like to see Hager on the field to pass rush more as well. I understand that the coaches wanted to view everyone on a fresh slate when they took over but there were more than a couple standout players last year (ie. Hager and Roach) that aren't being utilized in roles that use their strengths. And as far as I can see we have one starting running back and that's Warren. I'm tired of Porter who gets tackled by the first guy every single time being considered a co-starter, both freshman looked more explosive than he did in their mop up duties.

That being said, I don't have high hopes for 4 out of the next 5 games, espicially if the coaches continue to play the same guys they have been in the same positions and expect different results.

Comment

He will get the chance! Since hitting a critical shot with a hybrid for my partner and sealing the deal in the Cull Flight I have put most of the 1-irons in storage.

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        If they move it to Colonial, I'm sure he would attend. He may even provide post golf entertainment and play a few songs afterwards
                        I'm still holding out hope for Shady Oaks and the Hogan tree.

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        [/B]

He's pretty bad is my understanding! Like Bear Bryant said, show me a coach that's good at golf and he's prolly not a very good coach(paraphrase)
                        If he is bad he will fit right in with most of us. My partner in the golf this year was a Horned Frog. He may not want me wearing purple.

Have not checked the injury report but hope to get Joshua Jacobs and some LBs back
                        Last edited by 18ncs; 09-11-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                          I'd like to see Hager on the field to pass rush more as well. I understand that the coaches wanted to view everyone on a fresh slate when they took over but there were more than a couple standout players last year (ie. Hager and Roach) that aren't being utilized in roles that use their strengths. And as far as I can see we have one starting running back and that's Warren. I'm tired of Porter who gets tackled by the first guy every single time being considered a co-starter, both freshman looked more explosive than he did in their mop up duties.

That being said, I don't have high hopes for 4 out of the next 5 games, espicially if the coaches continue to play the same guys they have been in the same positions and expect different results.

Roach was the def star last year but has disappeared in this new scheme. Coaches gotta move him outside to rush the passer with hager on the other side. More gary johnson at LB please. Hes a beast. Bench porter (practice star but gametime bust). Malik is slowly making me a believer that he will never get to the elite level. Just an avg college LB. 5-star bust. Our DBs are turrible. USC gonna light us up. Payback for nat champ game. I hope not, but could get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go Frogs!!!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              I don't see dabo leaving until the bama gig opens up when saban retires.

I bet the ags go after chip Kelly, not sure he will leave the TV deal unless for another NFL job but I think he would be a good one to go after. Morris is most likely who the ags end up with though.
                              I no longer see Dabo leaving CLEM to ALA for multiple reasons:

1) He won a NC at Clemson and has proven that he can beat and outcoach Saban (and Urban Meyer).
                              2) Dabo has awoken the monster at Clemson, he's killing it on the recruiting trail, and HS stud athletes want to play for him.
                              3) Just 3 weeks ago he signed an 8 yr / $54M contract ($6.75M/yr)
                              4) Clemson is set up to compete for several more NC's in the next 4-5 yrs.
                              5) 47 yrs old and he can coach at Clemson for another 15+ yrs. or when he wants to retire.
                              6) You gotta be fricken' CRAZY to wanna coach at ALA and fill Nick Saban's size 3 shoes .

IMO, the next HC at ALA is immediately set up for failure and will never duplicate Saban's accomplishments. The fans will run him out of town if they lose to AUB, TEN, LSU, or don't make the CFB playoffs. The Gump fan base expectations are so high that many even criticized Saban last year for losing to Clemson on the final play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                I no longer see Dabo leaving CLEM to ALA for multiple reasons:

1) He won a NC at Clemson and has proven that he can beat and outcoach Saban (and Urban Meyer).
                                2) Dabo has awoken the monster at Clemson, he's killing it on the recruiting trail, and HS stud athletes want to play for him.
                                3) Just 3 weeks ago he signed an 8 yr / $54M contract ($6.75M/yr)
                                4) Clemson is set up to compete for several more NC's in the next 4-5 yrs.
                                5) 47 yrs old and he can coach at Clemson for another 15+ yrs. or when he wants to retire.
                                6) You gotta be fricken' CRAZY to wanna coach at ALA and fill Nick Saban's size 3 shoes .

IMO, the next HC at ALA is immediately set up for failure and will never duplicate Saban's accomplishments. The fans will run him out of town if they lose to AUB, TEN, LSU, or don't make the CFB playoffs. The Gump fan base expectations are so high that many even criticized Saban last year for losing to Clemson on the final play.
                                I agree and he is going to make another run at one this year! If they go back to back, he's not going anywhere.

...and he is getting paid.
                                Last edited by Chad C; 09-11-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X