So This Just Happened. KAP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice shootin, Tex!
    Thanks I did clip a wire on one of them though with the .44 but it still killed the pig

Comment

good job, add to the KAP thread total

Comment

awesome! I never had luck with a figure 6.

Love the white pigs

Comment

Sweet! What pistol?

Comment

Casey

I set one up this year as well. I started figure 6 like you but have had great success with a saloon style door with a trip wire. 32 ft diamater with a feeder on the inside. T posts every 2.5 feet. Larger boars and sows will not go in a figure six in pressured areas, they are just too smart. I would recommend doubling up your tposts and adding as many clips as you can. A good size boar will flatten that panel like a pancake with that much space in-between.

Good luck!

Comment

Very nice! I can't wait to see what positive feedback you get from some YouTube viewers!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice Casey! That looks like fun!

Comment

That was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    Here is the video of the dispatching of the beasts. Again, due to the pen size, I'll take a rifle for this task next time.

Feral Hog Eradication - YouTube
                    I think your shooting is just fine.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Very nice! I can't wait to see what positive feedback you get from some YouTube viewers!
                    Hahahaha no kidding. He's got it marked as "unlisted", so will avoid a liberal lashing!

Comment

Nice !!! Pork in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        I have tried with a pistol before but my trap is too big, my handgun skills are too small, so now it is a SA .22 rifle for me.

Casey---do you have a trip rope/wire to hold the entry open or is the space just wide enough to let them squeeze in?

Also, watching the panels shake when the pigs hit them tells me you need to double the number of posts.
                        I used a .22 pistol. It will be a 10/22 next time.

I put a tpost inside the pen to wire one panel to in order to keep it open. You can see me wire it up just before I drag out the sows. No trip wire. The last 4 feet or so of the panels rest against the straight panel run. They can squeeze in but can't squeeze out.

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                        good job, add to the KAP thread total
                        Good idea. I'll do that.

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        Sweet! What pistol?
                        Ruger SR22 semi-auto. Love the gun but it's not ideal for this situation.

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Casey

I set one up this year as well. I started figure 6 like you but have had great success with a saloon style door with a trip wire. 32 ft diamater with a feeder on the inside. T posts every 2.5 feet. Larger boars and sows will not go in a figure six in pressured areas, they are just too smart. I would recommend doubling up your tposts and adding as many clips as you can. A good size boar will flatten that panel like a pancake with that much space in-between.

Good luck!
                        I'm going to add some posts. Those sows took some leaps at the panels and I'm concerned a big boar may run off with my trap.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Unlisted. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life!

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        I think your shooting is just fine.

Hahahaha no kidding. He's got it marked as "unlisted", so will avoid a liberal lashing!
                        The clip is edited somewhat. It just took longer than I would have liked it to.

Comment

Crude diagram of the trap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	circle c trap.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	24510399

Comment

Crude diagram of the trap.

[ATTACH]872242[/ATTACH]

Interesting. I have had good luck with "9" shaped and shaped that both work under the same principle but I had never seen this design

Comment

Shooting looked good to me!! Love the 'ol crappie flop!!

Comment

Here is the video of the dispatching of the beasts. Again, due to the pen size, I'll take a rifle for this task next time.

Feral Hog Eradication - YouTube

That third pig made me chuckle [emoji23][emoji23]

Good shooting. Especially the first 3[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X