Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Calling/ Luring Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I let my EZ axis call ride around in a pocket of my backpack this past deer season with few other calls and the latex looks used and abused now.

Comment

Calling/ Luring Axis

I think your best bet is a water trough, timed protein feeder and a salt block.

They love the salt.

And the protein.

Both these stands have water, corn feeders and a salt block. They come by for the salt all hours of the day.
      Last edited by Stolle; 01-17-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Has anyone successfully called one in with the EZY-AXIS?

How long did it take you to "get good"? Am definitely getting one soon and hopefully can be sounding good by June/July. My GF is going to be sick of that sound well before June/July, I'm sure.

Also, are you rattling at the same time? Can I just rattle with WT shed antlers, or do I need to use Axis sheds?

Comment

following

Comment

Interesting info on the Axis call. Sounds really cool to hunt them like you would elk. I cannot think of a more fun way to hunt. Saw this other video Eric put on Youtube.

EZY-AXIS called in big buckwww.axisdeercaller.com

Comment

does anyone have updates to any of these posts?

Comment

I got the EZY AXIS call and tried it this pass May on a hunt. It sounded great and had high hopes for it, but I got (I think) fly spray on it and ate the rubber up. I contacted the company and He sent my a new one no questions ask. Can't wait to try it again in May.

Comment

Any updates on this call? A friend of mine swears by it.

Comment

I havent had any luck with mine. I killed a smaller buck this past season but he was called with corn. I want it to work, but have had no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      Any updates on this call? A friend of mine swears by it.
                      In June '20, Zach and I were hunting the axis rut on our lease. We were slipping through the brush and Zach saw a buck go through a small opening a couple hundred yards ahead. We dropped down next to some bushes about 20 yards from each other. I blew the Ezy Axis and hit the antlers. Zach blew the Elk Reel cow call (sounds just like an axis doe too). Almost instantly we had 2 young bucks in our laps. About 30 seconds later, 3 more. The old guy that Zach had seen crossing the opening came in about a minute later. 6 bucks within 30-50 yards. He asked if the biggest was a shooter. I said, sure if you want him. He killed him. The buck's teeth were worn down to nubs. I thought he was a little young, but gave Zach the green light because it was such a cool calling sequence and experience. Turned out the old skinny buck was just past his prime. Scarred up face, torn ear, worn teeth, broken antlers. He came in looking for another fight. It was pretty cool.

Founded in 2012, Reel Game Calls manufactures ultra-premium elk, deer, turkey, and predator calls. Shop the most innovative calls on the market at our store.

Comment

EZY Axis call. I use it. It works.

Comment

EZY Axis also makes a doe call now.

Comment

Working...
                          X