No announcement yet.

DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my elk at the taxidermist right now, need to come up with a pedestal. You think you can post a picture of yours? I looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by EW89 View Post
      I have my elk at the taxidermist right now, need to come up with a pedestal. You think you can post a picture of yours? I looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

That turned out really nice. How heavy is the pedestal? My taxidermist is telling me I need to build it bigger than I think is necessary in order to keep it from tipping over.

Comment

Originally posted by EW89 View Post
            That turned out really nice. How heavy is the pedestal? My taxidermist is telling me I need to build it bigger than I think is necessary in order to keep it from tipping over.

It’s not real heavy. But it’s not light. It’s on wheels so can roll easily. I would be lying if I gave you a weight lol. Maybe 80#

Comment

Gotcha thanks for the info. Congrats again on an awesome bull.

Comment

That's nice JT. I am going on a moose hunt this fall so I showed my wife the pic. She said if I put something like that up on the fireplace the she gets the living room redecorated. Deal.

Comment

How much floor space does an elk pedestal take up

Comment

DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                    How much floor space does an elk pedestal take up

Less floor space than head space lol. I have to duck under it. Lol

I would say 4ft x4ft floor footprint

Comment

How tall are your ceilings?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                        How tall are your ceilings?
                        I am 90% sure they are 10 foot lol. I have been asked this multiple times and I cant ever remember 10 or 12 but I think they are 10

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Hell Yea

I am headed back to Colorado on Monday for elk. Sorry for keep bumping this every year. I’ll stop one day. But this may be until the day I die be my favorite post in the history of TBH.

I read it and I can hear the excitement in the txt. I remember what I had just accomplished. Im ready to shoot another one.

Comment

Working...
                          X