DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUT_TRAIL View Post
    Been there done that.. Brutal indeed! Now I use a horse and two mules.
    I agree, after a 12 mile pack out two weeks ago, we are looking into buying pack mules/horses.

To heck with the meat, we need pics!

Comment

I imagine he's dealing with a weather change, cold front moving through.

Comment

10am, JT said...

Headed in for last load then back to Texas. I can't wait for a hatch chili cheeseburger

Comment

Anybody else go to sleep last night thinking.."I can't wait for the updates tomorrow"?

Comment

I thought he was camping with someone and had a guide contact info. Did the other guy head home? Did he contact the guide. I assume he did. Just thinking out loud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

DIY New Mexico Gila Elk

Got camp packed up. Headed in for the last load and I can hit the road. - JohnThomas Larkin

They guy he was hunting with left after a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                Got camp packed up. Headed in for the last load and I can hit the road. - JohnThomas Larkin

Yeah...I didn't have a lot of confidence in J.T.s parntner after JT implied he couldn't hike on the first or second day. Who draws a Gila tag and leaves after 3 days ??? [emoji848] Wouldn't been much help packing even if he stayed. JT is a 100% gamer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! In for pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                    What a freaking waste. I would have been up there as fast as I could drive to take the guys place.

Comment

I imagine he is. You can't put that much time in research, physical and mental preparation in to it, then to not be all in
                      His hunt is what diy is about. Do ur research, get in shape, make sure your equipment is good, hunt ur tail off, make the shot and bring it home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Scarf down that chili cheeseburger and give us an update! We are dying here.

Comment

He's out of the woods and messing with me now.

Comment

There are very few times in a persons life when you give everything you have for something. You are mentally and physically past the breaking point somehow you keep going. But when you give everything you have and succeed, it is worth the pain.

Comment

You earned it bud! Congrats! Now let's see that bull before my plane takes off!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome picture

Comment

Working...
                                X