• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing grade beams and plumbing rough today and tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Got the slab poured Monday morning, going to water cure it with a water sprinkler for a week then once it dries we will pour the porch's. 5" slab, 3500 psi w/ 18" interior and exterior grad beams

Comment

finally got the porch poured, ordering steel for delivery next week

Comment

Like the floor plan, looks great. Been in ours for 9 years and love it!

Comment

I am amazed at the hard work. I worked all week making a footer for my house move. I literally feel like the cement truck backed over me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                Drilling piers today, taken 30' to get to shale... tons of sand out here

So are you doing the piers to help prevent cracking and buckling of the foundation?

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                  So are you doing the piers to help prevent cracking and buckling of the foundation?

Yes, majority of the weight will be on grade beam under metal I beam columns, and there was fill on one side. I wanted to make sure under the stress points there was a pier to help prevent settling. It rained 4-5" when we built the pad and we were able to compact it good with a dozer but I felt for the cost piers were good insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                    Yes, majority of the weight will be on grade beam under metal I beam columns, and there was fill on one side. I wanted to make sure under the stress points there was a pier to help prevent settling. It rained 4-5" when we built the pad and we were able to compact it good with a dozer but I felt for the cost piers were good insurance.

That's what I figured, thanks. I think it's a wise decision. Best of luck on the build. Looks good!

Comment

Coming along!

Comment

my wife sent me this and let me know the gate opener was being installed properly lol

Comment

got most of the metal today, I put a coat of primer on the I beam. I figure once this is done I’ll never see it again, so why not. Makes for a sore back and legs.

Comment

Fun stuff for sure. From what I've read you've done a really good job planning this out over time. Congratulations on your property and build.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                              Fun stuff for sure. From what I've read you've done a really good job planning this out over time. Congratulations on your property and build.

Thanks, much appreciated

Comment

Great looking place you have. Following this for sure as my wife and I are fixing to close on 13 acres for us to build a barndo, house or buy a manufactured home to put on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X