Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife killed a 140” 10 point and a 130” 7 point with a 5” drop tine
    Oldest daughter shot a old 130” 8 point
    Youngest daughter shot a real heavy old 10 point.

Comment

My wife killed a 140” 10 point and a 130” 7 point with a 5” drop tine
      Oldest daughter shot a old 130” 8 point
      Youngest daughter shot a real heavy old 10 point.
      It was a really good year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
        How did everyone's season end up? I ended up having a good solid late season after a very long slow spell. Getting things ready for next year already. We signed a 3yr renewal deal with the landowner.
        About the same....I hunted Kerrville and Rocksprings. Ended up with two beautiful Axis bucks and a pair of WT does taken late season. My excitement for opening day was marred by the fact that I was sweating profusely in a short sleeve t-shirt.

Comment

Filled feeders outside of Fredericksburg this morning. It is dry. Burn ban in effect. 80% chance of rain for tomorrow. Pray for rain.

Comment

Man buzz, you're not concerned about limbs falling on your stand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hill Country 2017-2018

Not my stand. We did see about six bucks in the pasture. All still had their antlers.

Comment

Buzz, where about are y'all?

Comment

Down Tivydale road about 8 miles.

Comment

Ok not real far from us. We are off Pecan Creek

Comment

I'm looking at some land about 15 miles West of Harper. Any opinions on deer, turkey, exotics in that area? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Royalhorse View Post
                        I'm looking at some land about 15 miles West of Harper. Any opinions on deer, turkey, exotics in that area? Thanks!
                        I would bet you have exotics, axis and maybe others as well. The deer are really going to be based on previous hunters and/or neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalhorse View Post
                          I am off 479 and Klein Branch rd. in Harper. You never know what kind of Exotics are gonna show up. Axis have been showing up lately in my parts. Good friend last week dropped a 29" Axis while Turkey hunting last week. Heck a few years ago, that same friend shot the #1 SCI Reeves Muntjac record on my place in Harper. Look it up.
                          Two months later I shot a smaller male Muntjac. All free range. Neighbors(not bordering) on both sides of me keep a good turkey/deer population. Many big acre low fence ranches in area which keep critter population high. Rare whitetail monsters around, unless you got a great spot. Most are typical dark Hill country 8pts that push the 100-140" mark.
                          How big a piece you looking at?

Comment

Working...
                          X