Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High End Scotch Recommendations needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    I don't drink licker but if Idid I would go big.
    https://dekanta.com/store/yamazaki-5...iABEgKT2_D_BwE
    This is my daily drink of choice

Comment

Mac 18 or glenmorangie
      I wouldn't waste my money on johnny blue label.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Why would you spend $500 on something that tastes like scat ???
        no doubt.....people and their money....

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Why would you spend $500 on something that tastes like scat ???

Haha my dad says the same thing, but I would gladly pay that for a bottle and take one drink from it every 4-5 months on "those special days"

I'm a Scotch fan to the core though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not a big scotch guy but Caol Ila is my favorite top shelf...both the 12 & 18 are good, but prefer the 12's slightly milder flavors.

The 30 is too strong for my tastes.
            Last edited by Artos; 08-25-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Balvenie 30 year

Comment

JW Platinum is pretty good stuff and will run you about $125 a bottle. I'm a fan of Lagavullin as well.

Comment

What kind of scotch do you like? Heavy, light or med peaty flavor? Doesn't matter how much the bottle costs if it's a flavor profile you don't like

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    Single Malts come from different regions and have different taste and smells. Different years of the same brand are of different recipes and different wood cask. Smoothness is not all there is to a fine Single Malt. I will drink The Macallan 12 over the 15 all day long. The 18 is better than the 12. To "me"...

I've had some very expensive Single Malts that I didn't like as much as The Macallan 18.

And I prefer Single Malt to the blended like Johnny Walker but Johnny has some fine drink as well.

Go to a high end bar with plenty of cash and sample several. Break down the region/s you like then go from there. That's all I got. Except when you go, give me a call. I could use a good drunk.
                    True. Not everybody will have the same taste preference. I don't care for the scorched woody scotch like Balvenie. I like the scotches with more fruity overtones that are aged in wine barrels. Some of the high end stuff is not as good to me as cheap old Johnny black. Mostly I prefer OP scotch. OP stands for Other People's. After 3 or 4 doubles they all taste pretty much the same anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      What kind of scotch do you like? Heavy, light or med peaty flavor? Doesn't matter how much the bottle costs if it's a flavor profile you don't like
                      This is a very good point. Be careful dropping hundreds of dollars on a bottle of scotch if you don't like the cheaper stuff they make. Scotch varies greatly from region to region. If you like something, you'd probably be well-served buying their better stuff rather than taking a flyer on something you've never tried before.

LWD

Comment

Scotches I have had or bought and liked...

Glen Livet 12 and 15, Glenfiddich 12, 15, and 18, Belvinie 12 and 14 Caribbean cask, Laphroig qtr cask, glenmorangie 10, JW red and black, Dalmore 25.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          I'm a The Macallan fan and the 18 is awesome but well under $500. Rare cask is under $300 as well.

The Macallan 25 is well over $1500 if you want real good...
                          I bought the McAllen 25 for my best friend's 25th birthday present in the mid-90's. It was about $150 bucks!

Comment

Can't go wrong with McAllen 15 and up imho. Congrat's to you and the wife.

Comment

I'm in the Macallen camp.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                                I'm in the Macallen camp.
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X