No announcement yet.

$4500 To Spend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviving this one - some great info and comments from everyone- even FND!

Anyone here done a guided West Texas aoudad hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Yukon Moose. Alaska.
      Yep.

Comment

Possibilities are endless... I see a lot of guided hunts on here but for the diy guy here are hunts that will come in way under budget.

California desert mule deer, pacific hybrid, or black tail hunt or bear otc
        Arizona mule deer and javi tag otc
        Utah mule deer otc
        Wyoming antelope deer otc
        Idaho deer elk lion wolf bear otc
        Colorado elk otc
        Mine personally would be Alaska Kodiak island black tail hunt!!!!
        Here are just a few of the many option here in just the western US... I say do I diy hunt and you will come in way under budget! Good luck! Man I miss living in the west!

Comment

Mustang Ranch in Nevada for whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
            AFRICA!

Plane ticket~ $1500
            1st timer package with Dare to Bowhunt $1990 (6 days everything covered, 1 impala, 1 warthog, and 1 blesbuck)
            or you could bump up to the next couple packages for less than $3000 for some different critters in the mix!
            How much to ship back your trophies ?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Mustang Ranch in Nevada for whitetail.
              They have deer there?

Comment

Originally posted by Calihunter1 View Post
                Possibilities are endless... I see a lot of guided hunts on here but for the diy guy here are hunts that will come in way under budget.

California desert mule deer, pacific hybrid, or black tail hunt or bear otc
                Arizona mule deer and javi tag otc
                Utah mule deer otc
                Wyoming antelope deer otc
                Idaho deer elk lion wolf bear otc
                Colorado elk otc
                Mine personally would be Alaska Kodiak island black tail hunt!!!!
                Here are just a few of the many option here in just the western US... I say do I diy hunt and you will come in way under budget! Good luck! Man I miss living in the west!
                So I’m a little more practical: do I spend $2-3k on a DIY hunt when it’s all said and done or drop $5k for a guided hunt where the odds increase significantly on an opportunity to harvest an animal. With family, kids, work and time away at a premium, I’m gonna go for the higher odds (if I was single with a little money in my pocket than I’d be all about a DIY hunt out west!)

Comment

New Foundland Moose

Comment

Alberta Black Bear

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      For guys saying MW whitetail, it can be done for way cheaper than $4500. I will clarify, 150"+ can be done for way cheaper.
                      Can you share some outfits/options with us? The thread that was started about Pike Co has me really considering trying to set something up for myself next year.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                        So I’m a little more practical: do I spend $2-3k on a DIY hunt when it’s all said and done or drop $5k for a guided hunt where the odds increase significantly on an opportunity to harvest an animal. With family, kids, work and time away at a premium, I’m gonna go for the higher odds (if I was single with a little money in my pocket than I’d be all about a DIY hunt out west!)
                        I see the point in both sides. I have done most of these hunts with the exception of Alaska and Idaho. They aren’t hard to punch a tag. I have gone home many of times without killing one for the sole reason of not getting a opportunity at the animal I was looking for. Not because I didn’t find them just didn’t give me that opportunity! But I see the point. I hope ya choose a bad***** hunt cause there are some really good ones out there for that price range!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                          How much to ship back your trophies ?
                          My last trip I shipped back four capes and 5 skulls and it was around $900 total.

Comment

Alaska Caribou with some Ptarmigan wingshooting.

Comment

I'll sell you an exotic hog hunt here in Deep South Texas!! Give you a deal $4000 cash and you can gut and clean your own hogs

Comment

Hubbards in Montana - world class lodge, fishing, and elk hunting - been there 4-5 times and it is the best

Comment

Working...
                                X