No announcement yet.

DFW 10u SOFTBALL Select Pitcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way too serious for 10U....but that's why kids get burnt out. Sad the way select sports has turned.

Been down this road on both sides of it

Comment

I'll talk to my daughter she's 9 will turn 10 on 12-31. She pitched rec league finished season with around 50 ko. But volleyball is coming and i know she wont miss that.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        way too serious for 10U....but that's why kids get burnt out.

Too serious for 10u? If I was talking 8u coach/machine pitch then I can see your point bc no single position affects players, coaches and fans. Have you ever watched a rec, all star or select 10u softball game with pitchers that cannot throw a strike? How do any of the girls get anything out of being a part of that? Pitching allows the girls to enjoy the game and not get burned out due to boredom. I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Avoiding burnout is top of mind always for me. By searching for another pitcher to take pressure off my daughter, I'm trying to do everything I can to let her enjoy softball not just being leaned on to pitch every game. Everyone's situation is different. I'm sure select at the 10u level is too serious for many; parents have know their own kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I were you, I would be talking to your daughters pitching coaches and other respected ones in the area. They can post to their internal groups and could be a good source for bracket pitchers with good mechanics.

As a '05 pitchers dad, keep a eye on her pitch counts (not games or innings). Can be a huge difference, sometimes it can be 30 pitches warm up before a game plus ones between inning. If there is a chance she will be pitching a long day, have her skip between inning pitches.

Some coaches are conscious of pitcher management and some have no clue. Few look out for your kid like you do.

A kid can throw every rec game on the schedule as long as it's not a walkfest, and it won't come close to the reps a single 10u bracket pitcher on team that goes much farther in tourneys than there two pools and double elimination.

It sounds like you already sensible and aware, so don't take this the wrong way. I am just trying to pass on info.

Comment

way too serious for 10U....but that's why kids get burnt out. Sad the way select sports has turned.

He's looking for a pitcher, not your unsolicited opinion of select ball.

Comment

Having a 14U pitcher daughter I get it. Good luck to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                If I were you, I would be talking to your daughters pitching coaches and other respected ones in the area. They can post to their internal groups and could be a good source for bracket pitchers with good mechanics.

As a '05 pitchers dad, keep a eye on her pitch counts (not games or innings). Can be a huge difference, sometimes it can be 30 pitches warm up before a game plus ones between inning. If there is a chance she will be pitching a long day, have her skip between inning pitches.

Some coaches are conscious of pitcher management and some have no clue. Few look out for your kid like you do.

A kid can throw every rec game on the schedule as long as it's not a walkfest, and it won't come close to the reps a single 10u bracket pitcher on team that goes much farther in tourneys than there two pools and double elimination.

It sounds like you already sensible and aware, so don't take this the wrong way. I am just trying to pass on info.

Thank you for all the advice; I really appreciate input from a dad with a pitching daughter. I've spoken to 4-5 pitching coaches, including my daughter's, with no luck.

Knowing long weekends are coming, I've made it clear to the coach that Paisley has only so many pitches per weekend in her, and we'll not hurt her in an effort to win games. He's a great guy and agrees 100%. That is why we are trying to find someone else to share the rubber bc with 2 proven pitchers, it becomes a great situation for both of them. We've got 2 very talented 08s that show promise pitching but they are 6-12 months from much mound time in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                  He's looking for a pitcher, not your unsolicited opinion of select ball.

Lol...thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                    Having a 14U pitcher daughter I get it. Good luck to y'all!

Awesome that you get it!!! Yeah...no other parents on our team are too worried about not having another reliable pitcher. None of their daughters pitch. Until their 9 year old stands on that rubber ever inning with pressure to make or break the game every second of every game, other parents just don't get it. My daughter is still my little girl no matter how ferocious she is on the field...

Comment

Precisely why i cant get into this site any more!

Comment

That guy. I have an 11yo that was our bracket pitcher last year in 10u. Sure helps to have 2 or 3 other pitchers for pool so the bracket pitcher throws very few if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
                          That guy. I have an 11yo that was our bracket pitcher last year in 10u. Sure helps to have 2 or 3 other pitchers for pool so the bracket pitcher throws very few if any.

Precisely what we are trying to do. If we find a girl ready to be a bracket pitcher, that's great! If we can find a girl who's a pool pitcher to get innings and get us through pool play, my daughter is ready to be our bracket pitcher.

Personally, I'd prefer my daughter play SS behind a good bracket pitcher when it counts and be ready to come in for bracket relief as needed. If needed, our developmental pitchers can give us a few pool innings, but we just need another pitcher who has done it before to pair with my daughter in some capacity.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Mine played select ball since she was 10. Pitched 3-4 times a week (including pitching lesson), practiced a couple times week, graduated in top 5% of her class and never burned out. All depends on the child and what they want to do. She made several lifelong friends along the way and helps coach an 8U team and gives pitching lessons. To each his own.

Good luck finding a pitcher. Good ones can be tough to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                Precisely why i cant get into this site any more!
                                Me too Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X