Seller Refusing to Sign Over Car Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
    Have your son talk to the Legal Assistance group from JAG. He should be able to see an attorney to give him advice for free. The attorney will not be able to represent him in any proceeding, but free advice from a real lawyer can go a very long way.

There should be a Legal Assistance office at either his division HQ or post, depending on how they set up the offices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, this, I had similar situation with a vehicle when I was in the military and they helped iron everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by cw3jperry5 View Post
      Yep, this, I had similar situation with a vehicle when I was in the military and they helped iron everything out.

JAG is one of the smallest, but we are the smartest. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
        Infantry?

All he needs is the DIVARTY freq....and a 6 digit grid coordinate of where the seller is standing.

Fire for effect....Over....
        6 Digits??? Dang, you don't mind a lot of collateral damage do you?

Comment

In all seriousness, there are so many people out their that prey on the armed services. So many scams and this is a common one. Best of luck getting it resolved.

Comment

On another note. Do not let your son drive that truck until you find out it is clear reported stolen through TCIC/NCIC. Bad things can and will happen when the police get after a stolen car.

Comment

Please tell me your son contacted the bank prior to purchasing himself to verify the status of the lien and the payoff amount?

Whats happens if there is a lien on the pickup in the amount of something like 15K that hasn't had a payment made on it in months and the repo-man is looking for the pickup?
              What if the ****-bag seller just said screw it I'm just gonna scam someone out of a bunch of cash and go on a all you can smoke meth-a-thon with "payment" for a pickup that was gonna get repo'd in a week anyway?
              Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 08-23-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Text him back to tell him that the error was actually on the bank, and they gave him the extra cash ... let's meet to get this deal finished ... go Bernadell on his arse!

Comment

Tough lesson....but if there is a lien on a vehicle you buy, the check gets made out to the buyer AND the bank.

Comment

Find a toll road....drive it back and forth as much as you can stand....they will decide to get you title soon

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                      Have your son talk to the Legal Assistance group from JAG. He should be able to see an attorney to give him advice for free. The attorney will not be able to represent him in any proceeding, but free advice from a real lawyer can go a very long way.

There should be a Legal Assistance office at either his division HQ or post, depending on how they set up the offices.

This---one of his benefits of serving our nation--

Comment

You got shafted. Lesson Learned

Comment

Rule #1, always have a title search done on the vehicle, this is accomplished by FINANCING the car through a CC or bank. Even though your son had cash upfront, it pays to finance it and pay it off early. The CC and or bank ALWAYS does a title search on vehicle to determine proof of ownership. This little bit of inconvenience is GOLDEN! I have bought several cars from individuals this way. They have saved my hide a couple of times.

If its determined that the vehicle is stolen, the CC or bank did all the work and eliminated all that stress you are feeling right now.
                          Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-23-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahuac View Post
                            Find a toll road....drive it back and forth as much as you can stand....they will decide to get you title soon
                            Seller can easily dispute the tolls by the date on the Bill of Sale

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                              Seller can easily dispute the tolls by the date on the Bill of Sale
                              Tolls go by registration ... Ask me how I know - em effing a

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                                Our middle son is Army Infantry stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. He found a truck from an individual on craigslist and paid the guy $13k cash and got a bill of sale from the guy for that amount. The title was "with his bank in Minnesota" and he told our son he'd have it to him in 10 days. This was last Friday.

[ATTACH]869730[/ATTACH]

Yesterday he gets this text from the guy:
                                [ATTACH]869728[/ATTACH]

What's the proper next step besides calling the guy out? Contact police? Lawyer?

Tell him let's meet and I'll settle up. Bring 2 friends who are trustworthy and when he gets there, hand him the bill of sale and demand his money back now.

Then get it back.

Bill of sale must be there for cash to change hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X