No announcement yet.

McGregor vs Mayweather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stand mayweather. I would love nothing more than to watch someone beat the brakes off him. I mean brutal - bloody - mma style - ground and pound - booty whoopin. Being part Irish makes me really want McGreggor to be the one to do it. However... I think it's just a rigged money grab, set up to make 2 rich guys and 2 rich industries even richer. Man, what I would give for McGreggor to just knee that scumbag in the head though.

Comment

Watched about 45 seconds of one of their press conferences. I heard the f word about 23 times. Both are idiots and buffoons and surrounded by more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rugger View Post
        They'll make it interesting so another payday/rematch will be in play
        My guess too!

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
          Are you asking for action at what odds someone will give you or are you asking for action on the current odds?
          Just curious.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

What odds did or are you planning on make by that $100 bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            If Conor hits him clean with his left "they" won't have anything to say about it. Boxing is a dying sport and if that happens it's finished.

Don't forget, Toney couldn't manage to lay a hand on Couture.

That left is the only way

Comment

I'm gonna disagree. I think this IS gonna be a fight. I think Mayweather plays well when his opponent is following the science of boxing. Conor isn't going to do that. If Mayweather doesn't knock Conor out it's going to be a long night for him. Conor is mean and bull-headed enough to chase him down and pound on him.

Mayweather ducks and dodges punches from a boxer better than anyone who has ever practiced the sport. The problem for him is Conor isn't a boxer and he doesn't know how it's "supposed" to be done. He throws punches from crazy angles and I just have a sneaky feeling that he is going to catch him.

No way in heck would I have agreed to 8oz gloves if I were Mayweather. Nobody has ever hit Conor hard enough with 4 ounce gloves to faze him. That's does play both ways though.

I'm putting $100 on Conor....it's just a hundred and if he shocks everyone all the better.

The glove thing is a pay per view bump. Mayweather has less power. Id argue it favors him. No matter either way. Connor going to school and I hate Mayweather and boxing.

Another thing I think you're missing is one BIG reason Connor can attack from crazy angles is you have to account for kicks and takedowns. Obviously in boxing you don't. It's easier to see angles when you only have to watch the hands.
              Last edited by bdchorn; 08-17-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

If McGregor stands still and makes Mayweather come forward and fight, instead of run, Mayweather gets KOed and quick... If McGregor is constantly chasing he will lose by being out boxed... Mayweather CANNOT take to many power punches from CMc...

Either way I would not pay a plug nickle to watch it... It's a sham...
                I predict that neither will ever fight again.. They will be to busy counting cash...
                Last edited by PondPopper; 08-17-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  If McGregor stands still and makes Mayweather come forward and fight, instead of run, Mayweather gets KOed and quick... If McGregor is constantly chasing he will lose by being out boxed... Mayweather CANNOT take to many power punches from CMc...
                  When's the last time Mayweather chased anyone? If Connor stands still, might as well watch WPBA. Mayweather wont "fight" him. He doesn't "fight" anyone.

Comment

Either way I would not pay a plug nickle to watch it... It's a sham...
                    I predict that neither will ever fight again.. They will be to busy counting cash...

Comment

Please...

Money all the way. He'll collect looking perfect as always. It's boxing and he's one of the best of all time at it.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                        When's the last time Mayweather chased anyone? If Connor stands still, might as well watch WPBA. Mayweather wont "fight" him. He doesn't "fight" anyone.
                        I agree.. McGregor should stand their and talk trash while motioning him to come forward and fight, then the fighting world/fans can see exactly how big of chicken shat Mayweather really is because he knows better. He won't do it..

Running is not a strategy although some will argue that but he his made millions doing it.. Only because fighter always chase him.

Comment

I agree.. McGregor should stand their and talk trash while motioning him to come forward and fight, then the fighting world/fans can see exactly how big of chicken shat Mayweather really is because he knows better. He won't do it..

Running is not a strategy although some will argue that but he his made millions doing it.. Only because fighter always chase him.

I keep envisioning Drago grabbing Apollo and throwing is asp back in the corner for some more medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                            Can't stand mayweather. I would love nothing more than to watch someone beat the brakes off him. I mean brutal - bloody - mma style - ground and pound - booty whoopin. Being part Irish makes me really want McGreggor to be the one to do it. However... I think it's just a rigged money grab, set up to make 2 rich guys and 2 rich industries even richer. Man, what I would give for McGreggor to just knee that scumbag in the head though.
                            Your last paragraph deserves a round of applause.... It's the best breakdown yet of this circus stunt..

Comment

Mayweather a "Chicken shat"? You can call him a lot of things, but that isn't one. He's the best pound for pound Boxer alive, maybe that's ever been. Boxing isn't standing in one place, exchanging blows like Rocky and all his opponents. It's picking your positions and striking when you can and Mayweather simply does it better than anyone has ever done it. Sure, McG has a punchers chance, but that's it.

My prediction: McG get frustrated by the 5th round and gets DQ'd

Comment

I keep envisioning Drago grabbing Apollo and throwing is asp back in the corner for some more medicine.

that would be lovely...

Comment

Working...
                                X