No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received some pictures from the area. First two pics are of HWY 335 and the third pic is an S10 that washed into my Uncle’s stretch of the river. We were hoping the floods would sweep a lot of the gravel out, but unfortunately it did the opposite. Hoping to go this weekend pending my work schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the giant tower? Zipline? Also looks like somebody got themselves a nice truck FREE OF CHARGE.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        What's the giant tower? Zipline? Also looks like somebody got themselves a nice truck FREE OF CHARGE.
        Based on a big concrete block with some hooks we found about 400 yards away, pretty sure it used to be a zip line. That would have been in the 80s or 90s I think. A little sketchy going up there (stairs are rusting out) but it's an incredible view.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think we're going to hold off from going out to the ranch this weekend. It's a bummer because we really need to get out there and check for leaks in our trailer and fill feeders and do all the work to set up the general season. We are on about 45 minutes worth of various types of dirt roads off of 377, and neither my dad or I have a four-wheel drive truck. Dang!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got home from my place in Northern Edwards County. I can't believe all the standing and running water! There was water running in places that I have never seen before.

Comment

Anybody hunting this morning ? Wish I was, I’m helping with my sister in-laws wedding today. Who gets married opening day ? Apparently, no hunters... dang it. Good luck out there...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
                Anybody hunting this morning ? Wish I was, I’m helping with my sister in-laws wedding today. Who gets married opening day ? Apparently, no hunters... dang it. Good luck out there...
                Heck yeah man! I love Edwards county.. an audad, a piggie and a nice 10pt in the same picture!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a good weekend at our lease. Ended up shooting two cull bucks, two does and two hogs. Deer seemed to be moving quite a bit which was nice to see after a very slow October. We are covered up with hogs. It is the worst I have ever seen it.

It was still pretty muddy out but we couldn't have asked for a better weekend weather wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    We had a good weekend at our lease. Ended up shooting two cull bucks, two does and two hogs. Deer seemed to be moving quite a bit which was nice to see after a very slow October. We are covered up with hogs. It is the worst I have ever seen it.

It was still pretty muddy out but we couldn't have asked for a better weekend weather wise.

Are you on 700 springs? If so, which part?

Comment

Southeast most corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        Southeast most corner.

Is that between Rock Springs and Junction?

Comment

My dads place just south of camp wood still doesn't have the bucks coming out and moving around a lot. He's seen one 8 pt following a doe (not chasing) and rubbing a tree the other day. Other than that one big 10 pt briefly just a couple times on camera, a couple small 8s, and a bunch of doe and spikes. He also has a number of sounders of hogs, and lone boars regularly coming to his feeders, loads of turkeys, and few axis now and then. This is on almost 70 acres.
                          Heading out there a week from now to hunt. Hopefully this cooler weather coming that way will get the bucks rutting harder, or I'll get lucky and catch a nice axis buck roaming through.

Last edited by theblakester03; 11-07-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                            How deep do y'all have to drill wells there in Edwards and Real?

I forwarded this question to my dad who runs the water corp for his neighborhood. That has give or take 30 meters on it.

"Drilled down to 600 ft and hit water... Drilled further and installed pump at 750 ft into the water. Drilled 50 ft further so we could extend deeper into the aquifer if we should ever start sucking air or aquifer got too low... Well is drilled to 800 ft
                            Cost is 40 dollars a ft to drill .. expect to hit water at 500 ft... Estimated total.. $ 20,000.
                            Trinity aquifer.... There are 3 levels ... First level, not good quality... Crown mountain water system in the second level. A little cleaner.... Less metals... Third level is at 1200 ft crystal clean."

Comment

Got it done Tuesday 11/6.

7.5 year old we’ve been chasing for 2 years. He lost 8”-10” of antlers from last year.

Shot 5 bucks in the last 2 weeks. And 2 does. Also 4 hogs. That’s with them blowing dynamite on our place to get ready for the pipeline.

Not messing with the deer as much as I thought. Which is good.

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X