No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a rooster pheasant walking on the shoulder of 41 about a half mile east of Garven Store on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Wife got it done opening weekend of gun season on this nice 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
        Hoping to take my first trip of the year this coming weekend; I sadly haven't been to the ranch since turkey season. Going to knock down 1-2 does as quick as possible for some meat and then will hunt for horns. If I'm being honest, I'll probably sit the first hunt with a bow and then break out the rifle and stalk around. Definitely approaching the best time of year for whitetail in this area, however with warm weather isn't ideal.
        there's supposed to be a front move through on the 22nd that should get things moving

Comment

Will be at our place tomorrow through Friday, I'll report back.
          I'm hoping this cooler weather and High pressure has them moving.
          I have been successful the week before thanksgiving in the past. Some years this is the week that bucks start bumping feeders looking for the first doe going into heat.
          It's also a good time to be hunting before all of the neighbors show up for Thanksgiving week.

Comment

I was out last weekend for 5 days, we're off 377 about 30 min south of town. Rutting had mildly started, we saw a ton of bucks, most of ever seen it almost seemed like a 1 to 1 ratio after hearing the same from the other 5 hunters out there with me. I saw 3 mature bucks out of probably 10 I saw with horns. Lots of weak fights and play fighting. I got my earlier question answered when I was walking up the hill on a game trail at dark and got buzzed at by a snake.. glad I brought my snake boots instead of hiking boots! No strike but it was way too close and I learned that I can fly

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
              I heard we got 1.25" last night. We are north of Rocksprings, about 5 miles south of the Sutton/Edwards County line.
              Hey Charlie, when does the rut peak at your ranch?

I'm planning a trip out to our place, but trying to figure when to go. First or second week of December.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                Hey Charlie, when does the rut peak at your ranch?

I'm planning a trip out to our place, but trying to figure when to go. First or second week of December.
                We are just South of town. My experience has been first week in December. That's when I'm planning my trip.

Comment

Hunted Tuesday through Thursday this week.
                  Saw lots of game but none of my target bucks showed up while we were hunting.
                  The mature target bucks are still haven'tshown up yet.
                  The 3.5 to 4.5 yr old bucks are spreading out to new areas getting ready for the rut. I think we are in pre-rut and I'd say that it just started. My cousin got a decent Aoudad.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    The 3.5 to 4.5 yr old bucks are spreading out to new areas getting ready for the rut. I think we are in pre-rut and I'd say that it just started. My cousin got a decent Aoudad.
                    Hey Ballgame, what area of Edwards Co are you hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                      Hey Ballgame, what area of Edwards Co are you hunting?
                      I'm in Real county. 1/2 a mile north of the Uvalde Co line, middle of the county East/West

Comment

Great ram, Bobby! I saw you leaving lunch today, tried to flag you down. Congrats to your cousin

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog40 View Post

Wife got it done opening weekend of gun season on this nice 8

Congrats to her!

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                            Nice! Congrats!

Comment

I took my Grandson south of Rocksprings on the opener. He shot this nice deer.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Any rut updates? Heading out next week to hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X