Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Thanks for the patience gentlemen.

Write up is done https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=752265

Comment

Heck yea!

Comment

Friggin awesome dude

Comment

Huge elk congrats, so you’ve had em on the ranch since before the flood.
          Whitetail movement has been slow even with this cold front. Big bucks not even showing on camera like they were in the heat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Write up is awesome Patton!! Congrats buddy, glad you got to put an end to a chapter.

Comment

I’ve seen dozens of does over a week and no bucks over 2/3 yo... scrapes all over providing the best camera intel it’s just that all the movement is in the middle of the night with this full moon. I don’t think these mountain deer deep in the nuecess canyons rut till later than most places. I was out thanksgiving too. No mature bucks have stained hocks. Maybe cause fawns were late in July/August...?

Comment

Comment

Had a great trip Wednesday - Saturday of last week.

Full write up:

Attached Files

Comment

We had a good group go out to our lease this past Wednesday through Saturday morning. Surprisingly saw pretty good movement. Unfortunately they were all young deer. We should have had two bucks down but the pigs ran off one and a doe busted me getting ready to shoot a management buck. One of my lease members got three hogs so that was encouraging.

You guys seeing more coyotes than normal? Trip before last was the first time I was able to call in and get one down. This last trip we heard them all around us.

Comment

We haven't heard any in 6 months. I've only had 3 on my cameras this year.
                      Last year I had 100s of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        We had a good group go out to our lease this past Wednesday through Saturday morning. Surprisingly saw pretty good movement. Unfortunately they were all young deer. We should have had two bucks down but the pigs ran off one and a doe busted me getting ready to shoot a management buck. One of my lease members got three hogs so that was encouraging.

You guys seeing more coyotes than normal? Trip before last was the first time I was able to call in and get one down. This last trip we heard them all around us.
                        We seem to have more coyotes than usual too. Ranchers have a ton hanging on fences, we hear them a lot more, and I killed one that wandered through thanksgiving weekend. Not sure what that's all about.

We have also noticed a sharp drop in our axis numbers. Not sure about that one either. My best guess is the axis may have roamed and gotten into anthrax somewhere nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                          We seem to have more coyotes than usual too. Ranchers have a ton hanging on fences, we hear them a lot more, and I killed one that wandered through thanksgiving weekend. Not sure what that's all about.

We have also noticed a sharp drop in our axis numbers. Not sure about that one either. My best guess is the axis may have roamed and gotten into anthrax somewhere nearby.
                          The axis were the first to go on our place and bordering ranches. The yotes will wipe them out.

Put some cameras on your roads if you want to see how many yotes you have.

Comment

I've only heard yotes once in the last 6 years at my place off 55

Comment

We started hearing them two-ish years ago. They are becoming more prolific and my last trip I heard at least 3 groups. Not excited about them moving back in.

Comment

I saw one at our place on Thanksgiving. First one i have ever seen in the 10-12 years that we have had the place. I've heard them in the past, but up until then, I had never even had a picture of one.

Comment

Working...
                                X