Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
    The young ones were chasing but the does wanted no part of it. My older bucks would give a half *** chase if a doe was close but that was about it.
    That is what I figured. Still looking forward to a good weekend with good weather.

Comment

It was slow for me us this weekend. Deer are not coming to the feeders. Sunday morning we went to all 10 of our feeders and there was only corn eaten at 3 of them.

Comment

Any sign of the rut? Im hearing a few reports and got a pic of small buck running by my cell cam panting like he'd been chasing. Headed up next week for thanksgiving outside of barksdale

Comment

Interested as well. Headed to Campwood Sunday for a couple days.

Comment

Rut is on.

Comment

Nothing coming in to feeders since mid October. I put out a bale of alfalfa two wks ago and nothing has touched it. I’m stumped, but hopeful.

Comment

Cameras over feeders never tell the whole story. Hunting the rut is tough with a bow, but great for deer activity and seeing new bucks passing through.

Comment

you gotta hunt the trails between the feeders. the bucks are just skirting the edges looking for doe.
                  I'll be down on Monday for the week between RS and barksdale.

Comment

Haven’t been out in a few weeks but looking forward to heading up after Thanksgiving. First week of December has historically been the best rut activity for me.

Comment

My daughter got a nice one this morning. Found him with a doe as we were walking in. Not seeing near as many deer as last weekend.

Comment

Great buck congrats to her!

Comment

Really nice buck. Congratulations to your daughter!

Comment

Activity was great this past weekend. Thursday - Saturday.

I saw one of my shooters 3 different times over 2 days. Unfortunately it was too dark to shoot him with the recurve Thursday night.

Thursday evening I saw 18 different whitetail. One was 6.5 yrs old (Shooter I mentioned above) and one 4.5 yr old that I passed at 5 yards.

Saturday evening was shaping up to be promising until my neighbor (Claims to be a hunter) decided to shoot 1,000 rounds off at his shooting range at 4:45 Saturday evening.

The bucks are definitely bumping the feeders looking for doe, the doe all seem to be on acorns.

I'll be a weekday hunter for the rest of the season!

Comment

that is a barksdale stud

Comment

Great deer!!! Nothing coming into feeders, we’re going old school tomorrow and sneak around to see what we can run into. Buddy rattled a couple small bucks in this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X