Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    You could always tighten it to the ground using cables and a turnbuckle. Base end of the cable into a cedar stump or drill a hole in the rock. Might even find big rock with a hole already in it
    Those are good ideas. I may be able to sink a T post or two along side the legs and I have access to a hammer drill to set some anchors.

Comment

Looks like there has been some rain in the area yesterday and today. Unfortunately at my place yesterday was to the east of us and today it is to the west of us...........

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
        Anyone got any cool trail cam pics of this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few I’m watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
          A few I’m watching.

That third one has a really cool look to him! They're all real nice!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A few I’m watching.

Dannng nice deer!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              The really wide one was very young last year. I’d bet he’s 4.5 at most this year. Gonna be neat to watch him if he makes it another year or 2.

Comment

Patton,

I think it might be a good idea to modify the name of this thread again. If you use the search button and type in just Edwards or Real this thread does not come up since it is treating Edwards/Real as one word. I would suggest modifying it to Edwards & Real County whatever so on and so forth.

Comment

Request is in for a thread title change

I just got back from Colorado last weekend and am thinking about heading to the ranch this Sunday or Monday with my bugle tube to end this elk hunt once and for all..

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    Request is in for a thread title change

I just got back from Colorado last weekend and am thinking about heading to the ranch this Sunday or Monday with my bugle tube to end this elk hunt once and for all..
                    Do IT!

Comment

Are the legs set into the ground? I have considered something like this but the area is too rocky to dig a post hole.
                      It's actually on skids. It's made it through 80 mph wind gusts with no issues. the whole frame is treated 4x4's and the trough is cedar.
                      Last edited by sharpstick35; 09-18-2019, 09:41 AM. Reason: update info

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        Do IT!
                        You know as good as anybody how ready I am for this!

Comment

Headed down this weekend for opening weekend. Anyone else going?

Comment

New baby in my house so gonna miss this one. Hoping to make it out in a few weeks. Keep us posted how you do.

Comment

Just got home today, been at the ranch since Monday and it’s been hot. Headed to Lockhart for the Opener but will be back in the hill country next weekend. Good luck to everybody this weekend!

Comment

Corn has been piling up at my feeder for the last week. Even the piggies are MIA. I think the acorns has them staying away from the feeder.

Comment

Working...
                                X