No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am going to try and make it to the lease this weekend they said the road is in bad shape but you can get down to the property.

Comment

Pretty sure more rain is coming. I won’t be going. Everything is still incredibly wet and it’s not worth the hassle of fighting that sticky black mud.
      Last edited by 2coolforschool; 10-21-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Per the land owner is still pretty bad at our place in Leakey. I’m going reguardless this weekend that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
          Where is your place at? I saw in the other thread you mentioned 8" of rain. We are just south of Rocksprings.
          I'm 5 miles down cr 310,

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
            How deep do y'all have to drill wells there in Edwards and Real?
            up on the plateau its around 450'

Comment

I made it down this weekend. No issues at all going I-10 to 41 and then to Rocksprings. Saw a little damage on fences on 41 and the debris line was pretty impressive.

I didn’t head much further than town. Our place is just south of town so I can’t speak much for the areas further south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                Any more reports on the Rocksprings area? Supposed to make the trip there this weekend.
                If you're on the book of faces. the canyon broadcaster, country boys feed, and sheriff Elliot all update conditions regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                  If you're on the book of faces. the canyon broadcaster, country boys feed, and sheriff Elliot all update conditions regularly.

10-4, thanks for the info. I don’t have an account but can get my wife to look it up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                    Antler restrictions in Edwards/Real counties?

there's no antler restrictions in either county. If there was, we'd be overrun in a few years.

Comment

there's no antler restrictions in either county. If there was, we'd be overrun in a few years.

Yeah I know there aren’t any restrictions in these counties. I responded to a guy on this thread who was talking about not shooting deer because they weren’t legal bucks. So I basically questioned where he was hunting because there are no restrictions in Edwards or Real counties.

Comment

When down CR 310 this weekend 4 wd with all the mud and wash outs was a must.

Comment

310 behind the airport ? Turkey ridge or deer valley?

Comment

turkey ridge between the windmill and gate 3. I'll be there wed.
                            Last edited by sharpstick35; 10-22-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

turkey ridge between the windmill and gate 3. I'll be there wed.
                              Cool, I’m on the deer valley side.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                                Lease imposed Antler Restrictions?
                                Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                                Antler restrictions in Edwards/Real counties?

Land owner likes to see "bunches" of deer; so he can be strict at times. I am working with him though. It is a free place to hunt so it works out.

Sorry for confusion.
                                Last edited by EliteZ28Bow; 10-22-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X