Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwards/Real County

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    I wish- these are DeepDownSouth’s bucks, just posting for him.
    Thanks Patton for posting these for me. Got TBH back up and running.

I would like to hear yalls input on the age and score of these deer ? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Where you Edwards/Real county hunters at ? I am new to this area. I have hunted Ol Mexico for 12 years so I am trying to get used to the different deer. I really would like yalls opinions on the deer that Patton helped me on posting. Whatcha think? I’m am actually honesty torn on the age on them.

Comment

The big 10 is a shooter for Edwards County. My guess would be 4-5 years old, would have to see him in person. The split brow buck needs at least 1 if not 2 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDownSouth View Post
          Where you Edwards/Real county hunters at ? I am new to this area. I have hunted Ol Mexico for 12 years so I am trying to get used to the different deer. I really would like yalls opinions on the deer that Patton helped me on posting. Whatcha think? I’m am actually honesty torn on the age on them.

A lot of the deer in the area look younger than they are, especially if you are use to looking at mexico deer. I would bet those are both mature deer 5.5yo.

Comment

Edwards/Real county

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
            A lot of the deer in the area look younger than they are, especially if you are use to looking at mexico deer. I would bet those are both mature deer 5.5yo.

Thank you for pointing that out. You just made my debate even stronger. I shot a old chocolate horned 8 point last year on the last weekend. My buddy walked up and said: why’d u shoot that buck for ? He is 3.5 yrs old.... I told him he is nuts for thinking that. Took him to the taxi, aged at 6.5. I wanna see him on hoof to really study him.

Comment

Did anyone get a deer opening weekend? I am not sure what happened at my lease but we hardly saw any deer. Nothing was coming to the feeders. 5 of us made three hunts each and only two guys saw two young does the first hunt. Kind of crazy how we can have great action all year long and then they turn off. We are going again the weekend of October 13th so we are hopeful it will be different then.

Comment

It was kinda slow at our lease as well. Corn starting to pile up under all the feeder. It is green is all get out. But, I do have tree blinds set up on major paths that has tons acorns. So next weekend for me, I’ll be hunting those areas.

Comment

Was in South Texas this weekend and it took me 3 hunts just to kill a doe. Very green.

Comment

Man I hunted three times and didn't see a deer. Frustrating when we have been seeing action on all our game cams all year long till a couple weeks ago.

We did get a short but nice rain Saturday afternoon.

Comment

I would like to see what yalls thoughts are on age and score on the bucks that Patron posted for me ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Seems like this happens every year down there. My buddy will send tons of pics of animals in/around the feeders and we go down and struggle to see anything. May hold off making the 7 hour drive until we get a hard freeze and kill back some of the green.

Comment

I would like to see what yalls thoughts are on age and score on the bucks that Patron posted for me ? Any help would be greatly appreciated
                          If you labelled the pictures it would be easier.

Comment

1st, 2nd,5th are the Split brow
                            2nd,3rd,6th: Big 10
                            4: we call high Rack

Comment

1st, 2nd,5th are the Split brow
                              2nd,3rd,6th: Big 10
                              4: we call high Rack
                              Split Brow = 5.5-6.5 I would have said 4.5-5.5 but the broadside pic makes me think older.

Big 10 = 4.5

High Rack = 5.5 maybe +

Comment

Ages

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                                Split Brow = 5.5-6.5 I would have said 4.5-5.5 but the broadside pic makes me think older.

Big 10 = 4.5

High Rack = 5.5 maybe +
                                Thank you. This is the first weekend I get to hunt, so hope to see them on the hoof. I know our bucks start to disappear around this time. Only time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X