No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it done today. Been hunting hard but not much had been going my way until this guy strolled out 7:08. He doesn’t have much of a rack but he went 150 lbs. on the hoof, which is incredible for January.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7FC0C2A-4426-41AA-845A-07EB0138C89D.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	24526209

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Got it done today. Been hunting hard but not much had been going my way until this guy strolled out 7:08. He doesn’t have much of a rack but he went 150 lbs. on the hoof, which is incredible for January.

[ATTACH]891110[/ATTACH]

Congrats, cutting it close to the wire time wise - at least you got to punch your tag- some of us have a serving of ET tag soup to eat yet again [emoji51].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Congrats ETX! Glad you got it done. The best gravy doesn't make tags taste good.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            Man, I've been slacking on this thread. After this post, I'm going to scroll back and see what has happened over the past 3 months.

I picked up a lease in Madison County and it just hasn't turned out into what we had hoped for...not one buck over 115" on cam and most are spindly bucks. As the season rolled through, I put 2 deer on the hit list. A 4-5 yr old 8pt and a 6 yr old mega 6 pt. I whacked the 8 a couple of days before Thanksgiving (pic below) and I've been trying to get my dad on the Big 6. We got a few more days to make that happen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            Congrats on the buck..btw i used and love that lil hanging feeder..4AA batteries will last all year quiet, out of sight for them big shy etx bucks

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
              Congrats on the buck..btw i used and love that lil hanging feeder..4AA batteries will last all year quiet, out of sight for them big shy etx bucks
              Thanks and yep, that little feeder is the next best thing to hand corn, if not darn near equal. I actually got 2 years out of one set of batteries.

Comment

[ATTACH]891110[/ATTACH]

Congrats John..glad you got a good one late season

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  Well i should have went this am with a rifle if i wanted 13 dead. He was there for 20 minutes last night and 15 minutes this AM.

I’m going to start a live thread for the remainder of the season hunts.

Good luck..he is getting hungry and patternable now..hope you get him

Comment

Glad to hear your dad doing better, Johnny. Congrats on the good deer too.
                    Thanks my man and congrats on the late season buck! Well earned.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                      Congrats John..glad you got a good one late season
                      Thank you, sir! This seasons been pretty solid for me all things considered. How about you?

Comment

How often do you have to fill those hanging feeders on average?

I know it will differ based on throwing time length.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                          How often do you have to fill those hanging feeders on average?

I know it will differ based on throwing time length.

Hmm, probably every 2 1/2 weeks or so if I'm on a 3 second throw for both morning and afternoon.

Comment

Probably making the last sit of the year this morning. Not ready for it at all but I'm ready to start fishin.

Hasn't been a lot of movement but it appears pops let the feeders dry up. Pigs are around in full force! Front yard and all the pasture is tore up which is apparently the reason dad didn't fill on his month. They usually start to show back up in daylight hours by now and I wish they would. Need to kill 20 or 30

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I don't have a smoke pole or a place to hunt with one, so it's over for me... first deer season in 36 years that I haven't killed a deer... With bein' busy at work and home and Harvey pretty much wiping out my sets on my lease property and the fact that I just can't seem to bring myself to shoot one of "my" deer that hang out at my house... I got skunked... I'll be ready next year.

Sure enjoyed this thread and following along with you guys this year! Thank you Johnny for gettin' it kicked off!

Maybe somebody ought to start a fishin' thread! I'm gonna be ready to hit it pretty quick! I have two trips booked for the Chandeleur's and I got me a whole sack full of new lures to try out before those trips...

Comment

Originally posted by Dmillerdesign View Post
                                Looking for help to positively ID.
                                I'm hunting outside Nacogdoches on 500 acres low fence. This pic is from last year. These 3 started showing up and stand about 2 heads taller than the whitetail does. Only showed up on cam. This year I have only gotten 1 on cam.

Thinking it is a red doe? Probably escaped from a high fence near by? Thoughts?

What ended up happening with these reds? Did you see them again?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X