Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked my trail camera pictures this week for the first time in a month and I’m very excited to get back to the lease. I’ve got a bunch of solid targets to go after.

Comment

Two days since an update to this thread.

Guess everyone else is having the same luck. 8am and have not seen a single deer. Neither has the wife. It got slow before the full moon so im not sure what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Two days since an update to this thread.

Guess everyone else is having the same luck. 8am and have not seen a single deer. Neither has the wife. It got slow before the full moon so im not sure what's going on.

I bet it picks up this next week with that strong cold front.

Comment

I hunt in Jefferson do I fit in? its more north east piney woods. If so I will post some pics of out deer this year. 600 acres

Comment

Originally posted by em1_crew View Post
            I hunt in Jefferson do I fit in? its more north east piney woods. If so I will post some pics of out deer this year. 600 acres

East Tx for sure. I went to school there and still hunt there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              I bet it picks up this next week with that strong cold front.
              Maybe. I'm done but would like to at least see deer while waiting for pigs and yotes

Comment

Is it just me or are the wasps REALLY bad this year?

Comment

Is it just me or are the wasps REALLY bad this year?
                  It’s just you

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                    It’s just you
                    Probably so.

Comment

Probably so.

I found 10 roosting above me in the buzzard carcass stand last weekend. Didn’t notice them until a praying mantis flushed them out.

Comment

Actually saw one deer around 7:00 am this morning, could make out the deer but couldn't see head gear in the fog. Had to go finish up Christmas shopping so we will be at it again in the morning if the fog is willing. I have my deer here in Liberty county just trying to get the wife on one then start fishing and looking for a buck up around Rayburn.

Comment

They were loaded up on the side of the road between Diboll and Corrigan just after dark. Pretty good buck running does across 4 lanes of traffic about 1/2 mike South of the river.

Comment

Saw 8 does on the way to breakfast this morning. Saw a 150+ 8 point on the same trail leaving wish he wasn’t in a no hunting zone.

Comment

I checked a camera for the first time in a few weeks and had a good buck from last year show back up. I also caught a new one with a whole lot more width than we usually see.
                              Attached Files

Comment

My taxidermist posted this on the book of faces. Delivered to him, killed in Marion Co. no other details 171-2/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X