Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
    Lol bad choice of words I guess. Shot yesterday evening
    Dude its ok we are all east tx hunters here on this thread...no need to change your verbiage up to be legal. I would have shot that deer at night also!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      was shot "last night"... figger'd unless the moon was up, a light would be needed (AKA One-eyed Beagle... something anybody from East Texas would know)
      lol...I thought the same thing when I read "last night". I knew somebody was bound to mention the "one-eyed gyp". =)

Comment

I been in Baltimore since Sunday for an FCC catalyst seminar. I'm ready to get back home to Texas and sit in da woods. Only good thing is it's 38 degrees and raining so it at least fills like hunting weather here. Saw a few hundred Canadian geese hanging out on the school campus next to the hotel. Fly back home Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
          I been in Baltimore since Sunday for an FCC catalyst seminar. I'm ready to get back home to Texas and sit in da woods. Only good thing is it's 38 degrees and raining so it at least fills like hunting weather here. Saw a few hundred Canadian geese hanging out on the school campus next to the hotel. Fly back home Thursday night.
          Well, it should be cooler for you by the time you get home... at least it won't be 90 degrees for a few days! That dang Al Gore!!!

Comment

Had an eventful opening weekend in northwest Anderson county.

Saw this bobcat in person, but he was in the wrong side of a fence.

Had quite a few deer come in, but nothing that got my trigger finger too itchy. This one was a nice one that worked his way within 20 yards of me.

Still trying to find that 140"
            Buck. Time will tell if he exists or I go home empty handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never fails! Got the slip from the grey ghost again! 2 all day sits on public land. Sitting in a chair on a clean fence row today at 510pm, he jumped the fence bout 45 yards up wind in front of me just as I was standing up to stretch. Mature deer. Did not get a good enough look at him to see how big he actually was, he only stood there and watch me moving for about 3 seconds. I just stood there with my mouth hanging open in awe at what just happened. Another younger buck spike I think came up to the fence bout 80 yards away. Took one look at me and very calmly turned around and walked right back in the woods lol. It was a great 2 days. I will be back after him next week now that I now where he is roaming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna be some great weather this weekend. Good luck to all out there.

Comment

Am I reading this correct that in Grimes county I still have till the 19th to shoot a doe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                    Am I reading this correct that in Grimes county I still have till the 19th to shoot a doe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Correct.

Comment

Most killable mature buck I have ever had....just one of those exceptions to the rule!

Click image for larger version

Name:	!cid_9044ce1d-c43b-47e7-9d8f-5eaab888bb0d@namprd03_prod_outlook.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	24518250

Name:	!cid_cfc01891-3f45-44a3-9d9a-4bbb018c7930@namprd03_prod_outlook.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	24518251

Comment

I hate siting at work this time of year and wondering what I am missing

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          Most killable mature buck I have ever had....just one of those exceptions to the rule!

[ATTACH]881669[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]881670[/ATTACH]
                          I could see him getting shot by someone who has no history and that doesn't wait till he turns his head. He's impressive from the side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bw96 View Post
                            i could see him getting shot by someone who has no history and that doesn't wait till he turns his head. He's impressive from the side.

Sent from my samsung-sm-g891a using tapatalk
                            No doubt, I saw him youth weekend for the first time this season and even with history he gets you fired up when he walks out.

My buddy saw him for the first time in person yesterday. Here was our text exchange.

Name:	!cid_7838d0c3-e333-427a-ae43-848cde303bbf@namprd03_prod_outlook_LI (2).jpg
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24518294

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                              I hate siting at work this time of year and wondering what I am missing
                              That ain't no lie. I could take the time away from work if I wanted to but my daughters too young to leave at home, and momma's got some of her own things to do, so that's gotta wait for a few more years...darn kids. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                That ain't no lie. I could take the time away from work if I wanted to but my daughters too young to leave at home, and momma's got some of her own things to do, so that's gotta wait for a few more years...darn kids. LOL
                                Pin a $20 on them and tell them to fend for themselves...YOLO

Comment

Working...
                                X