Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    They extend into that ML season with a rifle and it’ll be a slaughter in ETX
    I’ll be glad when our trees are grown some so I have a few areas to plant food plots. Reckon they’ll be a lot more comfortable coming out from the timber vs. wide open pasture.

Comment

It was a slow weekend for me in Segno. I went out Wednesday night to get a couple more days in with a bow before the rifles came out Saturday morning. Friday evening, I had a medium sized boar come in. I waited for about 5 minutes for him to turn and give me at least a side shot. He finally did, and I watched the arrow go beautifully behind the shoulder. He disappeared into the thickest part of the woods, without being decent enough to give me back my arrow. That's just inconsiderate... After retrieving my pistol from camp, and some dinner, we weren't able to locate him, or a decent blood trail.

Saturday evening turned out better. I dropped a nice sized hog with my brand new Savage 308. I would've like to have gotten them both, but I'll take what I got. Now, if the darn temperature would drop. I'm tired of sweating like a pig (pun intended). It makes scent control a real challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Hey on a side note did y’all see that TPWD is actually looking at lengthening our general season by 2 weeks next year? Basically it will be in line with what those south TX guys already get.
        I'm normally over it by then and fishing but could be a dang good to kill a big one!

Comment

Wife got it done Saturday evening. First deer killed of our place and first hunt she has made this year lol some people are lucky.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            I’ll be glad when our trees are grown some so I have a few areas to plant food plots. Reckon they’ll be a lot more comfortable coming out from the timber vs. wide open pasture.
            Whatever will concentrate the does more to pull bucks across the pasture.

Comment

Another one taken on our place in Etoile. Shot last night
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see some bucks on the ground. Made my first sits this past weekend and saw 0. First time in a long time I’ve been skunked on multiple sits. Attributed it to the warm weather as everyone around us saw minimal movement. I don’t really have anything intriguing on camera except for a mature 6pt that may meet his maker if he shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                  Another one taken on our place in Etoile. Shot last night
                  This a one-eyed beagle hunt?

Comment

That's a real nice 6

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      This a one-eyed beagle hunt?
                      you lost me here.

Comment

you lost me here.
                        was shot "last night"... figger'd unless the moon was up, a light would be needed (AKA One-eyed Beagle... something anybody from East Texas would know)

Comment

was shot "last night"... figger'd unless the moon was up, a light would be needed (AKA One-eyed Beagle... something anybody from East Texas would know)

Lol bad choice of words I guess. Shot yesterday evening

Comment

Lol bad choice of words I guess. Shot yesterday evening

Ha... yea right... ...slipped up an' tole da truff first, did ya?? Jus' funnin' wit cha! Nice deer!

Comment

Ha... yea right... ...slipped up an' tole da truff first, did ya?? Jus' funnin' wit cha! Nice deer!

Well I wasnt there so anything is possible[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                                Whatever will concentrate the does more to pull bucks across the pasture.
                                I didn't get food plots in this year with the hurricane, but got a couple questions for those of you with a little more experience with them. Is it too late to plant them for this season? What seed mix do you recommend? I'm thinking of adding a granular fertilizer this year...what formula should I use in 100% sandy soil?

I thought I should add my primary goal is to attract deer. With the quantity of acres (950), shape of the property (roughly like a tetris piece), and neighborhood attracting deer is more important than super duper nutrition/protein etc.
                                Last edited by SteveTX; 11-07-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X