2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Well the deer i named Copenhagen due to the knot on his jaw is no more. I saw him this morning and couldn't make him 13. Must need contacts cause he's 15 1/2. My boy put the 6mm on him this afternoon on his first solo rifle hunt. Deer went 30 feet. Guess my little hunting buddy is officially grown up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congrats to him!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      vid smoke a huge bodied 8 with a little kicker. Hes a seven yr old stud that has never amounted to a lot score wise. Happy kid
      Where the pics?
      Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Congrats to him!
      Y'all missed the festivities today. College kids had a 13 man ammo blast from 5p to dark.....

Insert the missing ****** off emoji

Comment

Got a few targets now I just need them to show up 45minutes earlier.
        Attached Files

Comment

Old bruiser
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
            Got a few targets now I just need them to show up 45minutes earlier.
            That's a nice one

Comment

Not sure how many more times I can let the same 8 walk. Keep telling myself his jump to 5 next year could be exceptional

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Not sure how many more times I can let the same 8 walk. Keep telling myself his jump to 5 next year could be exceptional

Stay strong. It will be worth it amigo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  Stay strong. It will be worth it amigo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Yeah but I'm getting greedy. I wish I knew if the neighbors were on the same page.

I posted his pics last year. His body made some improvements this year for sure. Light on mass but stretching 17 wide and nearly that tall. He's impressive in the early light

Comment

Is it just me or was it strangley slow given the weather? My lease boss shot a nice buck Saturday morning at 9 but I didn’t even a deer till 10:30. Nobody else in camp saw much else either, and cameras seem to show a lot less activity since the front blew through.

Comment

Been slow for us too....expected more out of the weekend weather. We are giving Sunday evening a shot to redeem itself.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

I'm hoping it pics up again next weekend. Pulled cards yesterday, had the little 6, the nice 8, a new 8, and what looked like a new 9 or 10 point. He may never show again, had his nose to the ground in the pic. Hope they are still chasing next weekend. I feel like everything has moved up this year with the weather.

Comment

Nice bucks taking dirt naps on our lease in Angelina county.

Comment

Saw lots of activity this weekend in Madison County. Most of the buck sightings were late though. 9 AM and after.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                              Saw lots of activity this weekend in Madison County. Most of the buck sightings were late though. 9 AM and after.
                              I ran one off my feeder today at 11:30 when I went to top it off.

My cameras have indicated better deer movement at times when it's downright hot outside. It just makes no sense. Maybe it was too dadgum cold for these TX deer this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                I ran one off my feeder today at 11:30 when I went to top it off.

My cameras have indicated better deer movement at times when it's downright hot outside. It just makes no sense. Maybe it was too dadgum cold for these TX deer this weekend?

Prolly. I froze my arse off up in a tree. 31 degrees!

Comment

Working...
                                X